USB Poweroff?

dhstsw
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

USB Poweroff?

Post by dhstsw »

Does anyone knows if Asustor nas support USB poweroff (when turning off the nas no power is sent to the USB)?
I tried with my AS304T with an external HD connected to one of the USB (tried both): when turning off the nas the HD stays on (needless to say, the external HD supports the poweroff function [tried with my PC]).

If yes, is it there any way to enable it?

thanks.
AS-304T
If you own a series 2/3/6 Asustor it's very likely you won't get XBMC 13.x/Kodi.
But easily you'll end buying a kitchen from UK.
orion

Re: USB Poweroff?

Post by orion »

I believe there is not a setting for it on NAS. Depending on different usages, there are different expectations for USB power. For example, waking up system from a USB keyboard. It will be perfect if there is a setting to adapt different usages. But I could not find it, even on other PC motherboards.
dhstsw

Post by dhstsw »

Well, usually you can configure that with the S3 state in the bios (pc).
Of course, there's direct no bios settings on the NAS.
AS-304T
If you own a series 2/3/6 Asustor it's very likely you won't get XBMC 13.x/Kodi.
But easily you'll end buying a kitchen from UK.
orion

Post by orion »

dhstsw wrote:Well, usually you can configure that with the S3 state in the bios (pc).
Of course, there's direct no bios settings on the NAS.
As far as I know, the setting of S3 state (USB and others) is to enable wake-up function, rather than power control (at least, on my PC). That should be certain chipset register setting. My AS-304T (the same as yours) does not own the BIOS setup menu. :D

Return to “[Official] For AS-30X Series”