AS3102T / AS3202T HDMI Chrome HTML5 video

valchazzz
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

AS3102T / AS3202T HDMI Chrome HTML5 video

Post by valchazzz »

Hello! I am interesing to buy AS3102T / AS3202T. Really tempting NAS-es.

What is performance of Google Chrome for HTML5 and Flash video playing (720 or FullHD) through HDMI? Is any good and usable? Or they have some problems?
How it plays avi / mkv / mpeg HD files in HD station through HDMI? No performance issues?

I plan to use it as Media center.

Thank you for answers!
valchazzz

Re: AS3102T / AS3202T HDMI Chrome HTML5 video

Post by valchazzz »

Noone has tried to use Asustor NAS ar normal browser?

Maybe i wrote no it right place of forum?
MikeG.6.5

Re: AS3102T / AS3202T HDMI Chrome HTML5 video

Post by MikeG.6.5 »

First off: It generally takes a few days for people to reply here. It's a small community and not everyone is on all the time.

Next: Depending on what app you use as a streaming server, I think you will find that AVI, MKV and MPeg are going to be rather lackluster on that model of NAS. Those containers can prove to be more than the CPU in that model can generally support. Of greater worry is the codecs that those containers hold.

It has been my experience that any media in MP4 container using H264 video codec and an AAC stereo audio codec will work on almost any device that you might care to use. Combining those media particulars and using Plex Media Server on the NAS, and Father.Mande's excellent port of Plex Media Player on the NAS and you are going to really enjoy using the it as a media server/player.

I have several topics on these forums about how to optimize PMS on an Asustor NAS. Some of them are included in my signature. Feel free to look them all over and get a feel of what media streaming/playback entails. I run PMS on an AS-7004T model and can stream to several devices at the same time. (And do this quite often.) That's both locally and remotely through my internet connection. And it includes playing media on my TV through the NAS using PMP.

If this is your first time trying to use a NAS as a HTPC, I suggest you at least read the links, and do some further research on other sites. What keeps price points down on a NAS is the smaller CPU's in them. If you use the native apps developed by the manufacture, and under the same conditions they developed the app for, they can do as advertised. Otherwise, it's problematic, with buffering, screen freezes, audio out of sync, etc.

The 320x and 310x models CAN be used successfully. But it takes a bit of prep work on your part. Media conversion, planning and testing arer the norm, not the exception.

Return to “[Official] For AS-30X Series”