NAS will not start up (AS304t)

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

null
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

NAS will not start up (AS304t)

Post by null »

My AS304t started "acting up" today when it was turned on.

The display says "Starting system. Please wait". Green LED is flashing. Harddrives are spinning. Have tried booting without drives too.

After a few minutes in this state, the NAS reboots and the same thing happens again.

I connected a monitor to the HDMI-port. Nothing displayed on the screen. Not sure if it supposed to - never tried using the HDMI-port on this, but on my Qnap I'm able too see POST-screen, enter BIOS etc. if a connect a monitor.

Tried the reset-button both during power-on and pressing it after power is turned on. Does not make a difference it seem. Tried too keep the NAS off for a while, disconnecting power etc - no difference.

Any suggestions?
ilike2burnthing

Re: NAS will not start up (AS304t)

Post by ilike2burnthing »

Are you able to connect the drives to a computer to check for failure?
null

Post by null »

ilike2burnthing wrote:Are you able to connect the drives to a computer to check for failure?
Well, yeah, i can do that. But it does the same when all drives are taken out of the NAS.
ilike2burnthing

Post by ilike2burnthing »

Do you have a spare empty drive? You could try removing all disks, and insert the empty one. If it still won't boot, the issue is more likely to be the NAS. If it does, then check your disks.
orion

Post by orion »

null wrote:My AS304t started "acting up" today when it was turned on.

The display says "Starting system. Please wait". Green LED is flashing. Harddrives are spinning. Have tried booting without drives too.

After a few minutes in this state, the NAS reboots and the same thing happens again.

I connected a monitor to the HDMI-port. Nothing displayed on the screen. Not sure if it supposed to - never tried using the HDMI-port on this, but on my Qnap I'm able too see POST-screen, enter BIOS etc. if a connect a monitor.

Tried the reset-button both during power-on and pressing it after power is turned on. Does not make a difference it seem. Tried too keep the NAS off for a while, disconnecting power etc - no difference.

Any suggestions?
My NAS is AS-304T too. But this model should not equip LCD display?!
Anyway, it might be something wrong in hardware (green LED is always flashing without any disks inside). You should contact to asustor directly. https://support.asustor.com/

Return to “[Official] For AS-30X Series”