Heavy process load after update

pointer24
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Re: Heavy process load after update

Post by pointer24 »

My last answer to the Asustor support because of the conversion process

"Hello Tony Chen,

so far, I thought I had bought a very professional NAS and not a toy? In my case, I do not use any apps on the NAS, just the classic "NAS" function in conjunction with several Windows 10 clients. Thumbnails are previews on graphics files, etc. which I do not need. Why do not you let the user decide on their use?
Asustor did not even bother to answer my previous mail individually. The wording I have received, synonymous have received all the other users who have the same problem ... Read the people in charge actually the threads in their own forum .... ?? Asustor has fallen in my reputation significantly since this incident .. ,
Before I could kill the processes for creating the thumbnails, the NAS has been permanently converting for 3 days !! This is absolutely unacceptable as Asustor passes me as a user and deals with my resources!

Best Regard"

Sorry, for this english style ... translate by google ... ;)
april

Post by april »

is it possible to block watch_storage and thumbnail when starting the nas ?
I don't know where you can find the list of programs that run at the start of the nas to delete them
init.d, cron or ... ?
AS5304T - 8GB
noebr

Post by noebr »

april wrote:is it possible to block watch_storage and thumbnail when starting the nas ?
I don't know where you can find the list of programs that run at the start of the nas to delete them
init.d, cron or ... ?
I tried via cron but it didn't work very well, I think because there is more than one simultaneous process, maybe scheduling it to run from time to time but I didn't want to waste more time on it.

As I do not shut down/restart my NAS often so I will wait for the update with the fix. For now everything is fine here.
setsempron

Post by setsempron »

Install the hotfix through App Central to disable thumbnail conversion.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1692h3Q ... l-16uXJMC1

Sorry for my English. I use translator.
Attachments
App.jpg
App.jpg (155.72 KiB) Viewed 8128 times
Last edited by setsempron on Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.
april

Post by april »

setsempron wrote:Install the patch to disable thumbnail conversion through App Central.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1692h3Q ... l-16uXJMC1
thank you Setsempron for the information.

i install, it works well
Last edited by april on Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
AS5304T - 8GB
noebr

Post by noebr »

Hi guys,

My UPS is not well (probably end-of-life batteries) and tonight it shut down the NAS in a power outage.

To my surprise, when NAS returned only the "watch_storage" process was using very less CPU (only 2~3% compared to 30~40% before) and no disk access. Thumbnail process is sleeping and not using any CPU.

So far I didn't execute any command, I'll see how far it goes.
JimFoster

Post by JimFoster »

On the Asustor downloads page they seem to have reverted to ADM 3.4.4.RAT2 for all NAS products.
dbkelly

Post by dbkelly »

This is wearing my drives out for no good reason and hindering the operation of the unit.
I can just copy a couple of files to the thing and it grinds and grinds way longer than it should.
JimFoster

Post by JimFoster »

The heavy CPU/resources issue was annoying. But my NAS did settle down overnight after I installed it.
But this update has broken Storage reporting. If I delete 10GB, 100GB of files that free space doesn't show up. And yes I have nuked and disabled the NAS recycle bin.
JimFoster

Post by JimFoster »

Not sure whether to just wipe the drives clean and start again. Or wait for the patch. But 3.4.5 is broken. So we are stuck with it. Til 3.4.6 or 3.5. Does anyone know how to rollback to 3.4.4?

Return to “[Official] For AS-30X Series”