Heavy process load after update

setsempron
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Re: Heavy process load after update

Post by setsempron »

pointer24 wrote:Didn't work for me and my AS 604-T! The process is still running after try "killall -9 thumbnail."
Whats now ... ?
killall -9 thumbnail
Without a point.
wdrury_uk

Post by wdrury_uk »

For me it was not an instant change once I ran the command.
I issue the command as root this morning before work.
Return home 4.5hrs appx later and NAS was back to normal.

I used ADM interface to check processes running and show no more uraw or no high cpu/disk activity.
noebr

Post by noebr »

And now I'm also facing another process consuming lots of resources on my AS3202T: "watch_storage" :cry:

And in addition to CPU/RAM consumption there is also an abnormal disk usage:

Maybe some sync between the discs? The strange thing is that data is write only and not read (on both) and there is currently no application running that can justify this.

I'm using a couple of IronWolf (3TB) on Raid-1.

EDIT: killall -9 watch_storage 'solved', but I really hope for a solution coming soon.
jonesy

Post by jonesy »

I noticed this noise after the FW update, but I only saw the watch_storage process.
I've just killed thumbnail, with little effect. You have to run as root. Hard drives still running like coffee grinders. I'll give it a few hours before I do anything else.
I don't use any apps that use photos; just storage of ~15G of photos.
My NAS now sleeps from 7pm to 9am to give the drives a break. Even before this update I had ~3 hours of coffee grinding that started at midnight, caused by an indexing process.
I think the support is really good, but some of the features just drive you mad when there is no choice to configure them.
@noebr. My disc 2 is doing like yours. Disc 1 is reading and writing, but more writing. About 0.5MB/s, so a lot less than you. Ironwolf 2T raid 1. AS6202
AS6202. Ironwolf 2TB, raid 1.
setsempron

Post by setsempron »

jonesy wrote:I noticed this noise after the FW update, but I only saw the watch_storage process.
I've just killed thumbnail, with little effect. You have to run as root. Hard drives still running like coffee grinders. I'll give it a few hours before I do anything else.
I don't use any apps that use photos; just storage of ~15G of photos.
My NAS now sleeps from 7pm to 9am to give the drives a break. Even before this update I had ~3 hours of coffee grinding that started at midnight, caused by an indexing process.
I think the support is really good, but some of the features just drive you mad when there is no choice to configure them.
@noebr. My disc 2 is doing like yours. Disc 1 is reading and writing, but more writing. About 0.5MB/s, so a lot less than you. Ironwolf 2T raid 1. AS6202
Reboot, then kill the thumbnail process.
setsempron

Post by setsempron »

/volume1/.@thumbnail directory finish - processed files.
directory jobqueue files in works.
jonesy

Post by jonesy »

The finish directory was created about 6 hours after posting, and it's all quiet following a sleep overnight.
However, 1 watch_storage process is hogging 1.49GB of ram (sleeping, 0% cpu). The 2nd watch_storage process is taking 64MB.
This must be a leak. I'll try a reboot later.
AS6202. Ironwolf 2TB, raid 1.
rauhe

Post by rauhe »

Some has noted that the generated thumbnails are stored in "/volume1/.@thumbnail". Just for fun I tried checking size of this folder and got the result "1.2T" (see below)
2019_11_24_12_46_56_Window.png
2019_11_24_12_46_56_Window.png (2.64 KiB) Viewed 6764 times
Can anybody tell me what this means? I don't seem to miss 1.2TB of my overall storage.
setsempron

Post by setsempron »

jonesy wrote:The finish directory was created about 6 hours after posting, and it's all quiet following a sleep overnight.
However, 1 watch_storage process is hogging 1.49GB of ram (sleeping, 0% cpu). The 2nd watch_storage process is taking 64MB.
This must be a leak. I'll try a reboot later.
Just reboot the NAS and the memory will be freed.
setsempron

Post by setsempron »

rauhe wrote:Some has noted that the generated thumbnails are stored in "/volume1/.@thumbnail". Just for fun I tried checking size of this folder and got the result "1.2T" (see below)
2019_11_24_12_46_56_Window.png
Can anybody tell me what this means? I don't seem to miss 1.2TB of my overall storage.
This question should be asked for technical support. For example, I feel sorry for giving my 261 gigabytes, it is not clear why.

Return to “[Official] For AS-30X Series”