New NAS user fumbling around RAID

orion
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Re: New NAS user fumbling around RAID

Post by orion »

NicGrobbelaar wrote: What sort of Hardware issue should I be looking for? a probelm with one of the hard rives, or a problem with the Asustor?
I don't know as no further clues.
NicGrobbelaar wrote: On friday night, we had an unexpected power failure, when I turned the NAS back on the initialization went back to 0% it then sstarted building at 60-70 mbps (as I had earlier put in the code you gave me) I was very happy with this, it told me that the process would be done in 16 hours. When I woke up and saturday morning and check in, it had slowed back down to 10mbps saying 3 days until complete. I decided to just let it be and see what happens.

I have a big problem coming up now. We have just been notified that our power will be off from 8pm - 11pm tonight, my UPS will not keep the NAS running that long. it is currently sitting at 85% complete with 20hrs to go, do I shut down the NAS safely from inside the ADM and hope it restarts at 85% once our power is back on? or is it going to start back at 0%.
Will turning it off during initialization damage anything?

Thanks for your help!
Sounds that power failure is the main problem, rather than NAS / disk hardware issue (60-70MBps is all right). Unfortunately, I don't know if NAS will rebuild from 0% again or not after NAS shutdown normally during rebuilding...
drapervid

Re: New NAS user fumbling around RAID

Post by drapervid »

I think this might have been the problem. Will Just put 4x 4tb in there then and be happy with 12tb until I run out of space, Will Just get a bigger NAS then.

Return to “[Official] For AS-30X Series”