It is currently Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:49 am
All times are UTC + 8 hours

NAS will not start up (AS304t)

NAS will not start up (AS304t)

Postby null » Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:35 am

My AS304t started "acting up" today when it was turned on.

The display says "Starting system. Please wait". Green LED is flashing. Harddrives are spinning. Have tried booting without drives too.

After a few minutes in this state, the NAS reboots and the same thing happens again.

I connected a monitor to the HDMI-port. Nothing displayed on the screen. Not sure if it supposed to - never tried using the HDMI-port on this, but on my Qnap I'm able too see POST-screen, enter BIOS etc. if a connect a monitor.

Tried the reset-button both during power-on and pressing it after power is turned on. Does not make a difference it seem. Tried too keep the NAS off for a while, disconnecting power etc - no difference.

Any suggestions?
null

Re: NAS will not start up (AS304t)

Postby ilike2burnthing » Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:47 am

Are you able to connect the drives to a computer to check for failure?
ilike2burnthing

Postby null » Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:19 am

ilike2burnthing wrote:Are you able to connect the drives to a computer to check for failure?

Well, yeah, i can do that. But it does the same when all drives are taken out of the NAS.
null

Postby ilike2burnthing » Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:25 am

Do you have a spare empty drive? You could try removing all disks, and insert the empty one. If it still won't boot, the issue is more likely to be the NAS. If it does, then check your disks.
ilike2burnthing

Postby orion » Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:02 am

null wrote:My AS304t started "acting up" today when it was turned on.

The display says "Starting system. Please wait". Green LED is flashing. Harddrives are spinning. Have tried booting without drives too.

After a few minutes in this state, the NAS reboots and the same thing happens again.

I connected a monitor to the HDMI-port. Nothing displayed on the screen. Not sure if it supposed to - never tried using the HDMI-port on this, but on my Qnap I'm able too see POST-screen, enter BIOS etc. if a connect a monitor.

Tried the reset-button both during power-on and pressing it after power is turned on. Does not make a difference it seem. Tried too keep the NAS off for a while, disconnecting power etc - no difference.

Any suggestions?

My NAS is AS-304T too. But this model should not equip LCD display?!
Anyway, it might be something wrong in hardware (green LED is always flashing without any disks inside). You should contact to asustor directly. https://support.asustor.com/
orion

Return to [Official] For AS-30X Series