Few questions about 3204t

john6969
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Few questions about 3204t

Post by john6969 »

I am buying my first nas. I have looked at synology qnap and asustor. Asustor seems to give you a better hardware at a lower cost.

Mainly this will be used to back up my picture movies etc. Can i install cloud sync so I can access all my cloud service via one drive.

I would also like to access my mapped network drive remotely can this be down without using ftp or the web internface
MikeG.6.5

Re: Few questions about 3204t

Post by MikeG.6.5 »

the first question's answer depends on the service provider. Not all support all of the same functions. And it's possible that Asustor might not have an app written specifically for your Cloud Provider.

As far as the second question, you can install and run an app called NextCloud (or it's predecessor OwnCloud) which will have an app for your PC's and mobile devices. For that matter, using either of these apps turns your NAS into a Cloud Provider, and you can access your data from these devices just as you would with any other Cloud Provider. The kicker here is, it's your hardware, so you would also need to maintain your own backups, etc.

I personally don't use any cloud provider other than NextCloud. I want full control of my data, and don't want someone messing with it because I didn't verify the fine print. Call me anal, but it's MY data to move, modify, use or delete, not someone else's...
john6969

Post by john6969 »

Well I have dropbox onecloud google drive and mega drive. Synolosgy has a app called cloudsync I can't seem to find that app on asustor.

owncloud I can map a network drive through explorer and connected to drive remote or is like install a app like dropbox
orion

Post by orion »

You can find the related applications under AppCentral: Data Sync for Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive, hubiC.
You can try WebDAV protocol to map NAS's shared folders as a network drive (by using NetDrive software under Windows). The protocol supports secured connection too.

Return to “[Official] For AS-30X Series”