BT Sync v2 broken?!

BitTorrent Sync is a proprietary peer-to-peer file synchronization tool available for Windows, Mac, and Linux.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

sdemills
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

BT Sync v2 broken?!

Post by sdemills »

Yesterday BT auto updated to v2 both on my Android phone and on my AS-202T NAS and now it is unusable!

On the phone it wants to connect in a new way.

On the NAS it asks for a Userid / PW and will not accept the Administrator's credentials, nor will it accept my credentials (which have full admin rights) nor will it accept either an empty password with its default user of admin, nor will it accept userid/pw being completely empty.

So I am no longer able to use the s/w.

I have tried rebooting the NAS, starting and stopping BT Sync, uninstalling and re-installing BT Sync all to no avail.

Can anyone help? Or is this release simply broken and I'll have to put up with it until the next release?

Or does anyone have the means to revert to the previous release again? I can easily do so on my phone as I have Titanium Backups of the earlier releases but I don't have the same for the NAS.

Kind Regards
Steve
Kind Regards
Steve
Using AS-202T with 2 x Western Digital 6TB drives as RAID1
sdemills

Re: BT Sync v2 broken?!

Post by sdemills »

I have an answer now...

The details for the BT Sync app on the ASUSTOR website explain that it has a default userid/pw of admin/admin: http://www.asustor.com/apps/app_detail?id=84.

However the details within the ASUSTOR NAS App details does not tell you this leaving you in the air as to how to proceed.

Hope this helps someone.
Kind Regards
Steve
Using AS-202T with 2 x Western Digital 6TB drives as RAID1

Return to “BitTorrent Sync”