[APKG] BitTorrent Sync

BitTorrent Sync is a proprietary peer-to-peer file synchronization tool available for Windows, Mac, and Linux.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

James.S@AST
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Re: [APKG] BitTorrent Sync

Post by James.S@AST »

They didn't put the x86's library at that time. Now its all fixed, please download it via App Central or via official link

A guideline for update BitTorrent Sync from Philippe's version can be found here: http://help.getsync.com/customer/portal ... 88509-asus

We also like to thank you to Philippe and Clinton for their support on BitTorrent sync app all these time!
I dream of painting and then I paint my dream.

Storage: AS-604T
Network: Belkin N1 Wireless/F5D8231
Laptop: ASUS Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate
Media Player: HP NC6000& Wii & ASUSTOR NAS with Boxee App
Portable: HTC EVO 3D& The New iPad
blake

Post by blake »

Hi Philippe,
Is there any way that you can push one last update for 1.4? 1.4.111 was released to fix some sync issues and I have no intention to go to the crippled 2.x free version or sign up on a subscription model. All your hard work maintaining the pre-2.x version has been incredible - thank you so much!
Blake.
philippe

Post by philippe »

Hello,

After several emails of users wanting to stay on version 1 of BitTorrent Sync, I decided to update the package + to provide sources so you can tailor the package to your needs ;)

Version Classique 1.4.111: http://inft.ly/YBtX7ss

Version Custom 1.4.111: http://inft.ly/3m2bGK2

Code: Select all

== Default configuration ==

Login: philippe

Password: drevet

== How to ==

1: You need "python" (https://www.python.org) on your system in order to create the package

2: Edit config/sync.conf

3: Line "42" = Your login

4: Line "43" = Your Password

5: Line "29" = Set disk_low_priority to true or false

6: Line "34" = Set your folder_rescan_interval (300 = 5mins, 600 = 10mins, …)

7: Save

8: Edit "CONTROL/config.json"

9: Just "READ and EDIT"

10: Save

11: go back to the root folder

12: sudo phython apkg-tools.py create bt-sync

13: there it is ! Your own package ;)
== ==
AS-604T
4 x Western Digital Red 1TB in Raid10
2 GB RAM expansion
liefde

Post by liefde »

So, is there a documented safe way to convert the old version syncs to the new version 2 btsync without losing keys and data and history and config etc. ?
The new version just installed as a different package alongside the old version. This is pretty damn stupid and asking for problems, asustor! Now neither of the versions seems to run OK anymore, the webui is blank.
In short:
How do we 'upgrade' to version 2.* without losing config or data?

And wow, what a sad sad disappointment the v2 crap ends up being, by the way. I thought btsync was a really nice cool app, but with the extra stupid user proof v2 with the 30 days and 10 syncs nonsense it's like entering Apple Mac world, which I detest. Anyone know of a decent replacement that does the exact same?
philippe

Post by philippe »

liefde wrote:So, is there a documented safe way to convert the old version syncs to the new version 2 btsync without losing keys and data and history and config etc. ?
The new version just installed as a different package alongside the old version. This is pretty damn stupid and asking for problems, asustor! Now neither of the versions seems to run OK anymore, the webui is blank.
In short:
How do we 'upgrade' to version 2.* without losing config or data?

And wow, what a sad sad disappointment the v2 crap ends up being, by the way. I thought btsync was a really nice cool app, but with the extra stupid user proof v2 with the 30 days and 10 syncs nonsense it's like entering Apple Mac world, which I detest. Anyone know of a decent replacement that does the exact same?
Wrong forum !

You can go somewhere else to vomit your hate!

Or, you can directly ask Bittorent Sync for support!

By the way, Mac computers are great :)
AS-604T
4 x Western Digital Red 1TB in Raid10
2 GB RAM expansion
liefde

Post by liefde »

Let me get this straight;
You dump that beta BTsync on the unsuspecting userbase of these NASes,
then Asustor releases their own, and you have no docs on how to do the conversion between the two? That's just sad.
This is not the wrong forum, btsync does not know sh*t about the way you handled it for these NASes.

I figure it could easily be done using a shell-script (during install), but you did not provide one for asustor, so the new install has no clue where the old one is.
liefde

Post by liefde »

Just an FYI for all you btsync users: I've switched to Syncthing which offers way more control to the user, how to sync, when, to what other machines etc. Plus, it's open source and free!
There is no package for asustor yet, but the x64 linux release works just fine on my 604T, if you know what you're doing you can have it autostart as well etc.

Windows client: https://github.com/canton7/SyncTrayzor/releases

Return to “BitTorrent Sync”