NZBDrone post process script calling SickBeard?!

NZBGet is a cross-platform binary newsgrabber for nzb files, written in C . It supports client/server mode, automatic par-check/-repair and web-interface. NZBGet requires low system resources and runs great on routers, NAS-devices and media players. Includes nzbToMedia postprocess scripts.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

TinCanFury
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

NZBDrone post process script calling SickBeard?!

Post by TinCanFury »

Wed Sep 30 2015 05:40:48 nzbToNzbDrone: SickBeard: Failed to post-process - SickBeard did not respond.!
INFO Wed Sep 30 2015 05:40:48 nzbToNzbDrone: [05:40:48] [ERROR]::MAIN: A problem was reported in the /usr/local/AppCentral/nzbget/nzbget/scripts/nzbToMedia/nzbToNzbDrone.py script.
INFO Wed Sep 30 2015 05:40:48 nzbToNzbDrone: [05:40:48] [ERROR]::SICKBEARD: Server did not respond. Exiting
INFO Wed Sep 30 2015 05:40:48 nzbToNzbDrone: [05:40:48] [INFO]::MAIN: Calling SickBeard:tv to post-process:Marvels.Agents.of.S.H.I.E.L.D.S03E01.Laws.of.Nature.1080p.WEB-DL.DD5.1.H.264-CtrlHD-NZBgeek
INFO Wed Sep 30 2015 05:40:48 nzbToNzbDrone: [05:40:48] [INFO]::MAIN: Auto-detected SECTION:SickBeard
INFO Wed Sep 30 2015 05:40:48 nzbToNzbDrone: [05:40:48] [INFO]::MAIN: Script triggered from NZBGet Version 15.0.
INFO Wed Sep 30 2015 05:40:48 nzbToNzbDrone: [05:40:48] [INFO]::MAIN: #########################################################
INFO Wed Sep 30 2015 05:40:48 nzbToNzbDrone: [05:40:48] [INFO]::MAIN: ## ..::[nzbToMedia.py]::.. ##
INFO Wed Sep 30 2015 05:40:48 nzbToNzbDrone: [05:40:48] [INFO]::MAIN: #########################################################

why is the NZBDrone script calling SickBeard?
gibxxi

Re: NZBDrone post process script calling SickBeard?!

Post by gibxxi »

because you've set it up that way.

Sickbeard's category for TVShows in the post-processing scripts (as set up in NZBGet or via AutoProcessMedia.cfg if using Sabnzbd+) is "tv". NZBDrone (Sonarr) uses the same category by default, so conflicts can occur if both are enabled.

If your using NZBGet, make sure the category 'tv' does not have the post-processing script "nzbToSickBeard.py" listed among the post-processing scripts it calls for that category. The correct script to add to NZBGet's post-processing queue for the 'tv' category (using NzbDrone/Sonarr) is: NzbToNzbDrone.py. Also, open your /volume1/Download/nzbToMedia/autoProcessMedia.cfg file, and make sure in the category for '[[ SickBeard ]]' the following is set:

enabled = 0

Likewise, the [[ NzbDrone ]] category further down the file needs to be enabled with:

enabled = 1

Also, to avoid conflicts like this occurring in the future, you can rename the default category in NZBGet/Sabnzbd+, autoProcessMedia.cfg and NzbDrone (Sonarr) to something else, for example: 'tv-sonarr'. The change has to be consistent in all three locations for the post processing to work however.

Gib.
___ GibsonXXI ___
"Si vis pacem para bellum!"

NAS1: Asustor AS5104T | NAS2: Infrant Repertoire U4 (Modified)
TinCanFury

Post by TinCanFury »

gibxxi wrote:because you've set it up that way.
No, in fact, I have not.
gibxxi wrote: Sickbeard's category for TVShows in the post-processing scripts (as set up in NZBGet or via AutoProcessMedia.cfg if using Sabnzbd+) is "tv". NZBDrone (Sonarr) uses the same category by default, so conflicts can occur if both are enabled.
I'm not using Sickbeard or Sabnzbd. I'm using Sonarr(NZBDrone), as indicated by my title, and NZBGet, as indicated by the forum I'm posting in.
gibxxi wrote: If your using NZBGet, make sure the category 'tv' does not have the post-processing script "nzbToSickBeard.py" listed among the post-processing scripts it calls for that category. The correct script to add to NZBGet's post-processing queue for the 'tv' category (using NzbDrone/Sonarr) is: NzbToNzbDrone.py.
Which I've done.
gibxxi wrote:Also, open your /volume1/Download/nzbToMedia/autoProcessMedia.cfg file, and make sure in the category for '[[ SickBeard ]]' the following is set:

enabled = 0

Likewise, the [[ NzbDrone ]] category further down the file needs to be enabled with:

enabled = 1
wait, why do I have to edit config files to get NZBGet's scripts to work? Shouldn't that all be part of the NZBGet settings interface?
gibxxi wrote:Also, to avoid conflicts like this occurring in the future, you can rename the default category in NZBGet/Sabnzbd+, autoProcessMedia.cfg and NzbDrone (Sonarr) to something else, for example: 'tv-sonarr'. The change has to be consistent in all three locations for the post processing to work however.

Gib.
that doesn't make any sense, why does the category need to be different?

It still doesn't answer my question as to why the nzbToNzbDrone.py script calls SickBeard?
gibxxi

Post by gibxxi »

The script is being called, because somewhere you have either that script defined, or enabled. Either within NZBGet's 'TV' category or in the autoProcessMedia.cfg file. That's the only way the script can be called / activated. Some settings in the autoProcessMedia.cfg file are not exposed in NZBGet, so you have to check both the category settings in NZBGet AND autoProcessMedia.cfg to be sure what's being changed, and what isn't.
___ GibsonXXI ___

gibxxi

Post by gibxxi »

The category doesn't HAVE to be different. It's just safe practice to do so.

EDIT: you are right about not having set it that way. Clinton defaults to setting the category 'SickBeard' to 'enabled' in the autoProcessMedia.cfg file by default. Since NZBGet resets these scripts and also makes modifications to the config file too on occasion, it's safer to use a different category name in my experience.

EDIT2: With respect NZBGet, it's worth pointing out also, that any changes made to post-processing options within the GUI will not be retrospectively applied to jobs already added to the queue. So if you have/had the SickBeard script in the post-processing queue, then removed/changed it for the NzbDrone one after adding jobs to the queue, those individual jobs will need to be modified on a one-by-one basis (click the job, in the queue, then click the post-process button to change post-processing options for that job only).
___ GibsonXXI ___

TinCanFury

Post by TinCanFury »

gibxxi wrote:The category doesn't HAVE to be different. It's just safe practice to do so.
gotcha, to account for a horrible decision by whomever wrote the scripts.
gibxxi wrote:EDIT: you are right about not having set it that way. Clinton defaults to setting the category 'SickBeard' to 'enabled' in the autoProcessMedia.cfg file by default. Since NZBGet resets these scripts and also makes modifications to the config file too on occasion, it's safer to use a different category name in my experience.
I guess I don't understand what possible reason there could be to default to on and not allow the GUI to change that.
gibxxi wrote:EDIT2: With respect NZBGet, it's worth pointing out also, that any changes made to post-processing options within the GUI will not be retrospectively applied to jobs already added to the queue. So if you have/had the SickBeard script in the post-processing queue, then removed/changed it for the NzbDrone one after adding jobs to the queue, those individual jobs will need to be modified on a one-by-one basis (click the job, in the queue, then click the post-process button to change post-processing options for that job only).
Yes, I figured that out, but it was happening to old and new (after doing everything I could find to disable sickbeard related anything), which is when I realized that it was the NZBDrone script calling sickbeard.

I think the mistake I made was going from SABnzbd that I had running on my 10yo DIY NAS to trying NZBDrone on the replacement Asustor NAS in an effort to use something with a smaller footprint. I never had any of these issues with SAB, it just always worked perfectly. Hopefully I can get NZBGet working properly...
gibxxi

Post by gibxxi »

TinCanFury wrote:
gibxxi wrote:The category doesn't HAVE to be different. It's just safe practice to do so.
gotcha, to account for a horrible decision by whomever wrote the scripts.
gibxxi wrote:EDIT: you are right about not having set it that way. Clinton defaults to setting the category 'SickBeard' to 'enabled' in the autoProcessMedia.cfg file by default. Since NZBGet resets these scripts and also makes modifications to the config file too on occasion, it's safer to use a different category name in my experience.
I guess I don't understand what possible reason there could be to default to on and not allow the GUI to change that.
gibxxi wrote:EDIT2: With respect NZBGet, it's worth pointing out also, that any changes made to post-processing options within the GUI will not be retrospectively applied to jobs already added to the queue. So if you have/had the SickBeard script in the post-processing queue, then removed/changed it for the NzbDrone one after adding jobs to the queue, those individual jobs will need to be modified on a one-by-one basis (click the job, in the queue, then click the post-process button to change post-processing options for that job only).
Yes, I figured that out, but it was happening to old and new (after doing everything I could find to disable sickbeard related anything), which is when I realized that it was the NZBDrone script calling sickbeard.

I think the mistake I made was going from SABnzbd+ that I had running on my 10yo DIY NAS to trying NZBDrone on the replacement Asustor NAS in an effort to use something with a smaller footprint. I never had any of these issues with SAB, it just always worked perfectly. Hopefully I can get NZBGet working properly...
Trust me, your not alone in your frustrations. I too moved over from SABnzbd+. Primarily because I believed what others had posted on various forums, that NZBGet is a lot less demanding of system resources. Primarily because it runs on C++ as a pose to Python with SABnzbd+. The learning curve for me, also coming from SABnzbd+ was quite steep, and more than a little confusing. The same could be said for Sonarr to which I moved to (from SickBeard) at the same time.

The options available in NZBGet are somewhat more powerful than those from SABnzbd+, and it also supports in-app updates which is a real plus. However, the UI isn't the most intuitive thing in the world, and to someone used to the 'simplicity' shall we say, of SABnzbd+, can get bogged down very quickly.

NZBGet has incorporated 'most' of the options from Clinton Hall's 'nzbToMedia' scripts into the UI, but not all of them. One of the things that isn't covered is the enabled status of different categories within the configuration file (autoProcessMedia.cfg). There are some others too, but some of them don't really fit with NZBGet's method of operation, so that's probably why they've been left out. This is just speculation on my part.

I don't know, because I've not asked him, but I expect when Clinton originally made these scripts, he was probably using SickBeard as his main TV show downloader, and despite the sparse number of updates and it's permanent 'alpha' status, it was the TV show downloader of choice for quite some time. It's also the app that has the most support in terms of 3rd party stuff (Android apps, Kodi apps, forks, etc, etc.) so probably seemed like a logical choice. While modifying the categories in NZBGet will stop SickBeard being applied to the 'TV' category you define in nzbToMedia, it won't necessarily stop the section being processed as if SickBeard were enabled, if that category is still active within the config file.

Another thing to be aware of is the fact you can call the post-processing scripts in one of two ways. Either by referencing the specific module for that category (i.e: nzbToNzbDrone.py, NzbToCouchPotato.py, NzbToHeadPhones.py, etc, etc.), or the way I used to reference my downloader categories in SABnzbd+, which was to point it at the 'nzbToMedia.py' file which will do the same thing, but checks all sections of the configuration file for media of any type to process. Again, if categories you don't want/need processed are enabled in the configuration file, then these too will be processed. For all I know these may point to the same core script, and so whichever you use, it will do the same type of processing. I've never looked at any of the core scripts that closely to check.

It's just easier to remember; If you don't need it, disable it in autoProcessMedia.cfg.
___ GibsonXXI ___

gibxxi

Post by gibxxi »

First port of call would be Clinton's wiki for the scripts if you wish to set them up outside of NZBGet, which for a newcomer I'd reccomend since you need to check the file for reference anyhow. You can find the link for that below:

https://github.com/clinton-hall/nzbToMedia/wiki

If your still stuck, you can find Clinton, the script's author on these forums, on the QNAP forums, and probably in the CouchPotato community since I understand he has submitted code for that app too. Finally, if you want to fire me any questions with regards setup, or have me look over your autoProcessMedia.cfg file, by all means shoot me a PM, and I'll try to assist if I can. I'm by no means an expert, and there's part of the scripts I don't use (Like the [[UNCAT]] and [[Transcoder]] sections). But even if i'm not 100% sure about something, I can probably point you in the right direction.

Another thing you'll need to get your head around is the bizarre way torrent categories are handled, but I'll leave that for another day.

;)

Gib.
___ GibsonXXI ___

TinCanFury

Post by TinCanFury »

gibxxi wrote:First port of call would be Clinton's wiki for the scripts if you wish to set them up outside of NZBGet, which for a newcomer I'd reccomend since you need to check the file for reference anyhow. You can find the link for that below:

https://github.com/clinton-hall/nzbToMedia/wiki

If your still stuck, you can find Clinton, the script's author on these forums, on the QNAP forums, and probably in the CouchPotato community since I understand he has submitted code for that app too. Finally, if you want to fire me any questions with regards setup, or have me look over your autoProcessMedia.cfg file, by all means shoot me a PM, and I'll try to assist if I can. I'm by no means an expert, and there's part of the scripts I don't use (Like the [[UNCAT]] and [[Transcoder]] sections). But even if i'm not 100% sure about something, I can probably point you in the right direction.

Another thing you'll need to get your head around is the bizarre way torrent categories are handled, but I'll leave that for another day.

;)

Gib.
I was able to go through the scripts and disable sickbeard and enable nzbget. I haven't started using torrents, so thankfully I don't have to deal with those...

Return to “NZBGet”