NZBGet Settings Not sticking on NAS Reboot.

NZBGet is a cross-platform binary newsgrabber for nzb files, written in C . It supports client/server mode, automatic par-check/-repair and web-interface. NZBGet requires low system resources and runs great on routers, NAS-devices and media players. Includes nzbToMedia postprocess scripts.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

gibxxi
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

NZBGet Settings Not sticking on NAS Reboot.

Post by gibxxi »

The settings file for NZBGet (admin user) is not being saved to the correct folder.

At app install, and NAS bootup, the settings for NZBGet appear to be being read from the following folder:

Code: Select all

/volume1/.@plugins/AppCentral/nzbget/config/nzbget.conf
However, once changes are made within the NZBGet UI, and "Save All Changes" is selected, the settings are saved to a new file located at:

Code: Select all

/volume1/.@plugins/AppCentral/nzbget/nzbget/nzbget.conf
This then results in the incorrect settings file being loaded on a clean boot of the NAS. If a reload of the UI is performed (i.e from the SYSTEM -> Reload) option, the settings appear to be being read from the file located in the second folder. However if booting clean, and any changes are made, this will replace the one in the app folder with the one from the config folder plus the changes you've made to this point from the default config folder, thus wiping out any extensive changes made up till that point. Will also result in settings regression to defaults upon a NAS reboot, because the (now) incorrect stock config file is being used.

I'm assuming here that there ought to be a symlink in place here pointing from the app folder to the config folder so saved settings are redirected to the "config" folder. This is not occurring for me with this version of the addon.

Tested on: Asustor AS5104T
Firmware: 2.4.2.RIG1
NZBGet Version: 15.0
Addon Version: 20150706

Dan / Gib.
___ GibsonXXI ___
"Si vis pacem para bellum!"

NAS1: Asustor AS5104T | NAS2: Infrant Repertoire U4 (Modified)
clinton.hall

Re: NZBGet Settings Not sticking on NAS Reboot.

Post by clinton.hall »

Hi Dan,

The config/nzbget.conf file is linked to nzbget/nzbget.conf on App start. I thought this should have preserved changes in both locations, but as you have pointed out there is a difference between a reload from within NZBGet and an app restart...

Can you please test this version and tell me if this works correctly for you? (note, this actually moves the file from config to nzbget... but then backs up to config again as part of future app updates)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bn881tv45xdqq ... 12_any.apk
AS-604T
3 x ST4000DM0000 (Seagate 4TB) in Raid5
2 GB RAM expansion
AS-302T

Apps (user)
NZBGet - CouchPotato - SickBeard - Git - Python

Apps (maintainer):
NZBGet - BitTorrent Sync - Mylar - LazyLibrarian - Gamez
-Maintenance of Apps acquired from JohhnyFive since ADM2.0:
SABnzbd - CouchPotato - SickBeard - HeadPhones - Subsonic

About Me: http://fockwulf.wix.com/index
maartmail

Post by maartmail »

Hello Clinton,

Recently I switched to NZBGet and ran into the same issue as Dan.
I can confirm the custom .APK you provided fixes this issue; all settings remain after a NAS reboot.

Thank you.

Maarten
gibxxi

Post by gibxxi »

If Maarten says it's now working, that's good enough for me. :)

Not had chance to test this yet as I'm working through a clean setup on an addon-by-addon basis, and have not got to this one yet. Efforts also being frustrated by bugs in ADM 2.5.0 which I should of known better than to try out.
___ GibsonXXI ___
"Si vis pacem para bellum!"

NAS1: Asustor AS5104T | NAS2: Infrant Repertoire U4 (Modified)
TinCanFury

Post by TinCanFury »

I too ran into this issue and have installed the updated APK and it looks to be working with this updated version for me as well!

Return to “NZBGet”