Cannot install EtherWake together with NZBget

NZBGet is a cross-platform binary newsgrabber for nzb files, written in C . It supports client/server mode, automatic par-check/-repair and web-interface. NZBGet requires low system resources and runs great on routers, NAS-devices and media players. Includes nzbToMedia postprocess scripts.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

kwasimo
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Cannot install EtherWake together with NZBget

Post by kwasimo »

EtherWake cannot be installed when NZBget is running on the system. Both apps share the same port 6789. Changing the NZBget port to something else won't solve the problem, as the error message remains: 'Port 6789 for EtherWake is currently being used by app#NZBGet. (Ref. 5032)'.

Changing port number, restarting or even stopping NZBget doesn't change this and EtherWake is still prevented from being installed.

Next stop I will try to uninstall NZBget. I do need a workaround to have both apps running simultaneous. Please advise.
asustoruser

Re: Cannot install EtherWake together with NZBget

Post by asustoruser »

Hi kwasimo,

I just saw your message. I developed the Etherwake app. When you are uploading a new app to asustor you have to specify the port your app listens to. I never got a message from asustor that this port is in use by another app. I actually think that my app appeared before nzbget so normally that developer should have been informed by asustor to use a different port.

Question to ASUSTOR: Can you inform the nzbget developer to use a different port? Of course I could also change my port but then all clients would have to change their firewall and NAT rules. So this isn't a good option.
clinton.hall

Post by clinton.hall »

NZBGet was first published on May 30 2013.
It looks like ether wake was published in September 2013
Postby asustoruser » Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:15 pm

My app (etherwake) has been in the review process for over 2 weeks. How long is this process going to take?
In anycase, I made the suggestion to Asustor to track the ports and only allow 1 app to use a port... While this should be the case, both of these Apps were published before this came to be.
Certainly the warning in ADM appears to be working fine.

How does etherwake work with regards port? Is this just a service that listens on that port?
NZBGet can be changed, but the port is defined in a config. If I change this I not only have to change the links, but I have to force a change to the user's config file (which means if any user purposely changes this back to 6789 every time they update it will revert!!!)

Also, is 6789 a standard for etherwake, or just a port that was selected? 6789 is the "standard" port for NZBGet, used on many systems...

What happens if the port is changed in the apkg.rc after install. Does this stop the error occurring, or is the port already registered elsewhere in ADM?
AS-604T
3 x ST4000DM0000 (Seagate 4TB) in Raid5
2 GB RAM expansion
AS-302T

Apps (user)
NZBGet - CouchPotato - SickBeard - Git - Python

Apps (maintainer):
NZBGet - BitTorrent Sync - Mylar - LazyLibrarian - Gamez
-Maintenance of Apps acquired from JohhnyFive since ADM2.0:
SABnzbd - CouchPotato - SickBeard - HeadPhones - Subsonic

About Me: http://fockwulf.wix.com/index
asustoruser

Post by asustoruser »

Hi,

this port (6789) was just selected by me. Looked nice ;)

I'm going to change it to 9876 which is not in this list: http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liste_der_ ... 80.9349151

Hope the users won't be annoyed because they have to change their firewall rules.
clinton.hall

Post by clinton.hall »

asustoruser wrote: Hope the users won't be annoyed because they have to change their firewall rules.
ah... darn... that is a problem for you too?
I was looking to find a solution that didn't impact current users of either...
AS-604T
3 x ST4000DM0000 (Seagate 4TB) in Raid5
2 GB RAM expansion
AS-302T

Apps (user)
NZBGet - CouchPotato - SickBeard - Git - Python

Apps (maintainer):
NZBGet - BitTorrent Sync - Mylar - LazyLibrarian - Gamez
-Maintenance of Apps acquired from JohhnyFive since ADM2.0:
SABnzbd - CouchPotato - SickBeard - HeadPhones - Subsonic

About Me: http://fockwulf.wix.com/index

Return to “NZBGet”