[APKG] NZBGet

NZBGet is a cross-platform binary newsgrabber for nzb files, written in C . It supports client/server mode, automatic par-check/-repair and web-interface. NZBGet requires low system resources and runs great on routers, NAS-devices and media players. Includes nzbToMedia postprocess scripts.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

clinton.hall
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

[APKG] NZBGet

Post by clinton.hall »

[Description]
NZBGet is a cross-platform binary newsgrabber for nzb files, written in C . It supports client/server mode, automatic par-check/-repair and web-interface. NZBGet requires low system resources and runs great on routers, NAS-devices and media players.
This package includes nzbToMedia postprocess scripts.

[Maintainer]
Clinton.Hall

[TAGS]
This concept was borrowed from JohnnyFive's SABnzbd package.
The behavior of this package can be altered by creating "TAG"-files in the NZBGet destination directory (<Downloadshare>/NZBGet/dst by default).
These tags are ALWAYS in CAPITAL LETTERS, without any extension. The wrapper script checks for the existence of these tags during the start-up phase of the script.

The currently supported tags are:
TESTING
- upon existence of this tag, the package will upgrade to the latest testing release.

STABLE
- upon existence of this tag, the package will upgrade to the latest stable release.

NO_UPGRADE
- If this tag exists, the package will NOT check for any upgrades at all.

[UPDATING]
I am hosting compiled versions of NZBGet's stable and testing releases on my GitHub site. This package will pull the latest version on startup.
When a newer version is available, just restart (Disable/Enable) the pkg and it should upgrade to it. You can change the branch between stable and testing using the TAGS above. Or you can update to the latest version within NZBGet webUI at settings, system, check for updates.

Current release version can be found here http://nzbget.sourceforge.net/Main_Page
I will try and compile new releases in a timely manner. Please post on this forum (to remind me) when a new version is out and you would like this added. I'll try and compile within a few days.

[Notes]
Default Port: 6789
Default Username: nzbget (cannot be changed)
Default Password: admin

[Conflicts]
If you have installed SABnzbd, please be aware that if you disable SABnzbd while NZBGet is running you will need to restart NZBGet as SABnzbd uplinks the "unrar" file when it is disabled. NZBGet will re-link this file on start/restart.

[Depends on]
This package needs the following package to be installed before installation:
- Git

[Download]
Available from App Central.
AS-604T
3 x ST4000DM0000 (Seagate 4TB) in Raid5
2 GB RAM expansion
AS-302T

Apps (user)
NZBGet - CouchPotato - SickBeard - Git - Python

Apps (maintainer):
NZBGet - BitTorrent Sync - Mylar - LazyLibrarian - Gamez
-Maintenance of Apps acquired from JohhnyFive since ADM2.0:
SABnzbd - CouchPotato - SickBeard - HeadPhones - Subsonic

About Me: http://fockwulf.wix.com/index
clinton.hall

Re: [APKG] NZBGet

Post by clinton.hall »

I am submitting an update to AppCentral, but you can test this
https://www.dropbox.com/s/fxf68bibk5x5c ... 10_any.apk

This has unrar 5.10 and has a fix for the AppCentral permissions.

If you haveSABnzbd installed also these share unrar links, so depending on the order of installation, you need to update that also. I am posting an update for that as well... just look on the SABnzbd sub forum.
AS-604T
2 GB RAM expansion
AS-302T

Apps (user)

Apps (maintainer):

snippem

Post by snippem »

little comment on this new version.
It solves the problemm with the permissions and everything working til now.
One thing i did to get it working i had to install it two times to get rid of the permissions bug.
Maybe this was deu to the old install.(i removed it before installing the new version).

small bug got this error unrar error code: 254 restarted nzbget not getting the error again in the log til now

--------unpacking bug resolved by restarting nzbget
Using Tapatalk
clinton.hall

Post by clinton.hall »

I have a new version to be tested (before adding to AppCentral).

The only difference is that this will auto download and install ffmpeg and ffprobe.
This is particularly useful if you use nzbToMedia to postprocess to SickBeard and CouchPotato. The dev branch of these scripts will use ffprobe to verify that the media is valid, and otherwise request the download of the next release.

In other words, this helps identify fakes etc...

When my scripts are merged to master, this will be available, otherwise you need to use the "TESTING" tag as per the instructions in the first post if you want to test these scripts now.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6ggr41yxax5f4 ... 10_any.apk
AS-604T
2 GB RAM expansion
AS-302T

Apps (user)

Apps (maintainer):

ho66es

Post by ho66es »

installed, seems to be working so far :)
608t
Nebbu

Post by Nebbu »

Hi

I've been running nzbget on my NAS for a couple of months now and I'm really happy with it. I can max out my 250mbit connection using very little system resources. However I have experienced a couple of crashes lately. This happens with certain downloads during par checking. After doing some research on the matter I found instructions to patch the libpar2 library.
Now I'm wondering if libpar2 is already patched in your apk or if this is something that might fix the issue.

Thanks
Marvin
clinton.hall

Post by clinton.hall »

This was patched in this Apkg, so that shouldn't be an issue.

Are you talking to hugbug at NZBGet forums? http://nzbget.net/forum/index.php
AS-604T
2 GB RAM expansion
AS-302T

Apps (user)

Apps (maintainer):

Nebbu

Post by Nebbu »

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

No I didn't post my issue to the nzbget forum yet. I guess I will do that later today.
clinton.hall

Post by clinton.hall »

Hi All,

With NZBGet v13 there has been a change to the scripts directory. I have reversed this in the github repo to ensure your updates work ok... however on further examination I discovered this was bloated and had too many branches.

What I have done is modify the wrapper to pull from a new fork with only 2 branches (testing and master). I stripped the binaries to reduce these from 7 MB each to 700 kB each! This makes the installation much faster!

There was also a potential issue with saving configurations which has been rectified.

So... here is the new version.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/iu6wrwstaq0t2 ... 16_any.apk

Can people please test this and let me know how it goes? Once verified on all models I will push to AppCentral and then (in due course) close the old github repository.

From my testing here, it appears that everything works correctly on 6-series.
AS-604T
2 GB RAM expansion
AS-302T

Apps (user)

Apps (maintainer):

mafredri

Post by mafredri »

Hey,

I haven't tried out your app, but out of interest I downloaded the APK, extracted it, and had a look around. Generally interested in furthering the app quality on ASUSTOR, so at times I take a look at how others implement things.

Generally I like your method of circumventing the slow review process by Asustor and providing updates through git, however, looking through your source I noticed a few things that worry me:
  • Your pre-uninstall script crudely removes files from /usr/local. For example, someone might release an app for unrar / 7zip, in this case their executables would be removed. Also someone elses app might depend on libncurses.so, which gets deleted. (I'll get to a solution to this further down)
  • Your start-stop script creates a lot of symlinks in /usr/local that are not cleaned up by the pre-uninstall script
  • This code snippet will actually change the permission of /usr/local/AppCentral/python/bin/python2.7 executable (symlinks have no permissions, the target files get modified)

Code: Select all

/bin/chown admin /usr/local/bin/python2
  • You are changing /usr/local/AppCentral to world-writable, the permission should not be 777 but 755
You could actually save yourself from almost all (if not all?) the symlinks by modifying this:

#crude fix as the PATH variable isn't properly setup yet on boottime
export PATH="${PATH:+$PATH:}/usr/local/bin"
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/usr/local/lib"
to

export PATH="/usr/local/AppCentral/nzbget/bin:${PATH}"
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/usr/local/AppCentral/nzbget/lib:${LD_LIBRARY_PATH}"
Now you would have a beautiful self-contained app that does not expose itself outside it's directory! In my opinion, the only thing an app should expose outside itself is perhaps it's own binary. So nzbget app could expose nzbget in /usr/local/bin if that's desirable. If they have their own dependencies, they should not potentially conflict with other apps.

I do apologise if this feels like a tear-down of your app, that was not my intention! I hope it can be seen as constructive criticism. At some point I would like to see some proper app development guidelines established. Currently it feels like a mindfield of everyone doing their own thing (even ASUSTOR).

Cheers,
Mathias
Hi, I'm new here. Looking to be active in the community and help with development :).
Storage: AS-604T with 3GB RAM (Kingston KVR1333D3S8S9/2G)

Return to “NZBGet”