Suggested Improvments

The UPnP Media Server V2 App can turn your NAS into your home's multimedia streaming server.
As long as you have devices that support UPnP or DLNA (for example, SONY BRAVIA TV, SAMSUNG TV or PlayStation 3),
you can directly browse and stream the media files stored on your NAS.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

Taxman
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Suggested Improvments

Post by Taxman »

A few things would make UPnP server 2 a little better

1) The ability to disable the "asustor" and "web" categories in advanced options.

2) The ability to disable parent titles so if I have just one folder called "media" filled with sub folders with parent titles disabled when I browse the server it will bring me directly to the sub folders, add into advanced options.

3) Improve compatibility with LG LM760 series, when browsing the server you get a red stop sign across all the media listings, the files do eventually play but there is clearly something off there and LG profile isnt quite matching up.

4) Add profile control in advanced options, in receiver list you should be able to manually over-ride the profile associated to the IP in case the server gets it wrong, all good UPnP/DLNA servers do this.

5) Look at adding Serviio or TVMobili to app central both are linux DLNA servers and run on competing NAS.

Thanks.

Return to “UPnP Media Server 2”