UPnP Media Server 2 configuration options and more...

The UPnP Media Server V2 App can turn your NAS into your home's multimedia streaming server.
As long as you have devices that support UPnP or DLNA (for example, SONY BRAVIA TV, SAMSUNG TV or PlayStation 3),
you can directly browse and stream the media files stored on your NAS.
sstavross
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

UPnP Media Server 2 configuration options and more...

Post by sstavross »

Today I installed Upnp media server 2 on my new 202TE. I have to say that I am really excited about it!I have a big collection of classical music with files in flac/cue and ape/cue compinations.

First, I have read that server 2 transcodes flac files. Well, to my pleasant surpise this is not true! Both my android bubbleupnp and my LG TV LM620S (2012 model) say that I listen to a flac file!

My second pleasant surpise was that server 2 can read .cue files (which stores the track list of its big flac file) These tracks can be played in my LG TV! The only difference is that server 2 trancodes them to mp3. So I thing that ASUSTOR must advertise these "new" features in their products' info, it is very importand for people that have these kind of music collection.

The third thing I want to ask is how to see-find the configuration files of server 2. For example , I want to set the transcoder to wav and not to mp3 when it comes to transcode some music files. Where are this configuration files stored?
sstavross

Re: UPnP Media Server 2 configuration options and more...

Post by sstavross »

Sorry for the double post but I bought a new Denon AVR (X1000) and I have some problems with the file formats served by th upnp server 2. Anyone please can answer me where and how to find/edit congiguration files of upnp2?

Return to “UPnP Media Server 2”