MKV issue reading from PS3 or WD HDTV LiveHub

The UPnP Media Server V2 App can turn your NAS into your home's multimedia streaming server.
As long as you have devices that support UPnP or DLNA (for example, SONY BRAVIA TV, SAMSUNG TV or PlayStation 3),
you can directly browse and stream the media files stored on your NAS.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

blackstar
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

MKV issue reading from PS3 or WD HDTV LiveHub

Post by blackstar »

Hi,

I'm having an issue with this version of the upnp media server :
when reading from the wdtv live hub (while it was working perfectly before) some mkv files now simply no longer play.
when reading from the ps3 only language language available is english ( cannot change language), though this might be a limitation of the ps3, it would be great if from the app we could decide which language to use when reading from ps3.
Radioactive

Re: MKV issue reading from PS3 or WD HDTV LiveHub

Post by Radioactive »

Hi Blackstar,

I am Edric from ASUSTOR. Nice to meet you!

We have found some video formats/files have playback issue when using UPnP via PS3, please refer to the following link to update the UPnP and give it a try! :D

For AS-2/3 series: https://mega.co.nz/#!Y9xxiAaQ!bC9dnWhF4 ... Xm59xF4SX0

For AS-6 series: https://mega.co.nz/#!xpo0TQIY!U_BpS2uBv ... b91OZEZ210

Regards,

Edric
Auberon2k

Post by Auberon2k »

It could be a limitation of the DLNA player also. The PS3 does not support MKV playback at all, you need something running to transcode these into a compatible stream. I don't believe UPnP2 performs transcoding of the files, so you wouldn't be able to playback MKVs from UPnP2->PS3. You'd need to use Plex.
blackstar

Post by blackstar »

@Radioactive : I'll have a look and get back to the topic. thanks.

@Auberon2k : MKV playing from PS3 works but you cannot change language nor use subtitles.

Return to “UPnP Media Server 2”