mkv won't play on OPPO

The UPnP Media Server V2 App can turn your NAS into your home's multimedia streaming server.
As long as you have devices that support UPnP or DLNA (for example, SONY BRAVIA TV, SAMSUNG TV or PlayStation 3),
you can directly browse and stream the media files stored on your NAS.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

riff2112
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

mkv won't play on OPPO

Post by riff2112 »

Hi,
I can no longer get any mkv files to play to my OPPO 93. They show as mpeg's and the OPPO says incompatible file and won't play them. Now, this used to work so something has changed perhaps in one of the updates and I know the OPPO is working as it plays MKV's fine from USB, twonky, etc.

I aslo have issues with the ASUSTOR taking a LONG time to show up on the OPPO server list, while everything else pops right up. What would cause that?

Thanks for your help!
Kerry

Re: mkv won't play on OPPO

Post by Kerry »

Did you update anything in Asustor or in OPPO?
riff2112

Post by riff2112 »

Yes, I've installed the firmware updates for the ASUSTOR and the updates for the APPS. The OPPO also has the latest firmware, but that hasn't changed in quite some time.
Kerry

Post by Kerry »

I do not see upnp v2 having any new version. What upnp v2 versiin you have, and what firmware you are now? If still not visible, i would suggest you ask asustor support engineer to have a remote session with you to assist.

Return to “UPnP Media Server 2”