Playlist format and location

The UPnP Media Server V2 App can turn your NAS into your home's multimedia streaming server.
As long as you have devices that support UPnP or DLNA (for example, SONY BRAVIA TV, SAMSUNG TV or PlayStation 3),
you can directly browse and stream the media files stored on your NAS.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

atiras
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Playlist format and location

Post by atiras »

Where does UPnP Media Server 2 look for Audio playlists and what formats does it support?
Steve@AST

Re: Playlist format and location

Post by Steve@AST »

Hi atiras,

Do you mean you want to let UPnP sever scan your audio content which store on the NAS?
or could you please provide more information why you want to look for audio playlists in UPnP server.

br.

Steve
ASUSTOR AS-602T
MacBook Air
iPhone 4s, New iPad, iPod nano
atiras

Post by atiras »

UPnP server scans my music collection well, and makes the albums/tracks visible to by DLNA compatible clients.

However, I have a number of audio playlists (in .wpl format but I can convert to.m3u format if necessary) developed over many years which I am refuse to lose access to -- anyone else with an extensive music collection would probably feel the same. They're currently served beautifully by Twonky running on a Linkstation NAS (and prior to that on a Maxtor NAS). But Twonky isn't available on the Asustor and I cannot find any of the media server options that are available that will render playlists visible to my Sony Bravia Tv/AV system or my Roku Soundbridge.
Ivan Rasmussen

Post by Ivan Rasmussen »

Steve@AST wrote:Hi atiras,

Do you mean you want to let UPnP sever scan your audio content which store on the NAS?
or could you please provide more information why you want to look for audio playlists in UPnP server.

br.

Steve
Hi Steve

I have the same problem with playlists as atiras.

My DLNA client on my ipad shows albums, albums/artists, artists, folders and genres. They are like my iTunes audio library, but no playlists only a blank page ?

Those who have made UPnP Media Server V2, must know what the reason is for that ! ??.

You can export playlists in various formats from iTunes to the NAS, but where should they be copied over and in what format ??

The app SoundGoods can create playlists and I can see these playlists in AiMusic on my ipad air. Where are these playlist hidden ??

kind regards
Ivan Rasmussen
Sean

Post by Sean »

MiniDLNA will do server side playlists - just as an FYI

Return to “UPnP Media Server 2”