Possible Bug found??

The UPnP Media Server V2 App can turn your NAS into your home's multimedia streaming server.
As long as you have devices that support UPnP or DLNA (for example, SONY BRAVIA TV, SAMSUNG TV or PlayStation 3),
you can directly browse and stream the media files stored on your NAS.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

Auberon2k
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Possible Bug found??

Post by Auberon2k »

I've just recently transferred all my videos to my new AS-608T from my old Windows 7 "server" PC. I was previously just using the built in Windows Library sharing to share all my media over DLNA to my PS3s (three of them). I like the presentation on UPNP2 so I've been using it mostly and ran into a problem playing some .mp4 files. I thought it was new files at first, but there are a pile that I have previously played on my PS3 from the W7 PC with no issue that are producing a "THIS CONTENT CANNOT BE PLAYED. (800288E1)" error on the PS3. These files are playable on my laptop and they were watchable prior to migration to the NAS. I re-installed UPNP Server 1 and tried and it seems to share these files just fine. I understand the forums show UPNP2 as beta but it's not shown or listed as such in App Central.

Can anyone explain what the actual differences are between UPNP 1 & 2?
Kerry

Re: Possible Bug found??

Post by Kerry »

I just tried with my PS3 and played Battleship.mp4 and can play very smoothly with uPnP v2 or v1. Maybe you can provide me your file and let me give it a try?
Auberon2k

Post by Auberon2k »

Kerry wrote:I just tried with my PS3 and played Battleship.mp4 and can play very smoothly with uPnP v2 or v1. Maybe you can provide me your file and let me give it a try?
Sure let me toss it in dropbox or something and send you a link via PM. Sorry about the timing on the reply it's been a weird month, part spent in a hospital for surgery :?
I've picked the smallest of the affected MP4s just for the sake of saving bandwidth for both of us. I have many the exhibit the same behavior, and as mentioned all play back fine using UPnPv1

I'm having to run both right now because UPnPv1 appears to be having issues with some MP3 albums, it likes to infinitely list the directory of certain albums.
Auberon2k

Post by Auberon2k »

I'm extra confused now because my Xbox360 only sees the v2 server, not the v1 at all and the same files play back fine. Argh.
Auberon2k

Post by Auberon2k »

Anyone from Asustor able to help out here? I read elsewhere that X360 didn't see V1, which explains part of my previous post. It's still odd that I'm seeing this error. I'll summarize everything again, hopefully more clearly.

I have an MP4, for example - Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter.
My old "server" was a Windows 7 Pro Workstation just sharing things through Media Player, worked a treat on my my PS3s and X360s.
Now I've transferred all my media to subfolders of the default Media share on my AS-608T.
All the folders have been added to both UPnPv1 and UPnPv2. Same folder sets. (I like that v2 respects the ordering of the folder list)
Windows 7 "server" - File is served up, PS3 & X360 playback without issues
UPnPv1 serves up the MP4, PS3s can see & play the file without issue X360 fails to see the v1 server completely (v1 not compatible, understood).
UPnPv2 - PS3s see the media but fail to play with the error above. The X360s see and play the file without issues

I'd let that be the end of things and just use v1, as I don't typically use my X360s to watch media except for files with Cinavia but v1 has it's own issue I'm encountering.
v1 doesn't like some of my music. All MP3. I can play almost all my MP3s that I initially transferred to the device, but anything I've added later seems to freak it out and it says that "files have been moved or removed". v2 sees the folders and plays all the MP3s back just fine.

Also, what do the counts by the scan button in the app mean? When I let v2 complete a scan it says Music: 2409, I did a quick dir /s of my music folder, there are 3300+ albums and 10,000+ files total in there. It works, but I thought it should be mentioned.

If I could just sort out the issue with these video files I'd turn off v1 and stick to V2. Plex would be OK I guess, but it misidentified a lot of my media which means a lot of work sorting it out.
Auberon2k

Post by Auberon2k »

RESOLVED!

I finally had time to log a support ticket with Asustor and they found the issue very quickly, something in UPnP2 was attempting to transcode these files for the PS3 when it was a supported format/codec. A small updated package later and I have a perfectly working UPnP2.

Return to “UPnP Media Server 2”