Constant auto adjustment of black levels

A lot of your favorite shows and movies are already available on the Internet and your NAS. Boxee is a device that finds them and puts them on your TV. It's easy to use and even better, there's no monthly fee.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

Frode
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Constant auto adjustment of black levels

Post by Frode »

I recently bought a new TV and Boxee finally works for me (no green screen tint, and not stuck at 720p). However...

I started playing around a bit with it, and within a few minutes I noticed what looks like the black level being constantly adjusted to fit the current scene. It's extremely distracting. Imagine your phone or pad's ambient light sensor going bonkers and adjusting the screen brightness by a large amount every few seconds, and you get an approximation of the effect I'm seeing.

I've tried googling it, but the best I found was a several years old post that included a workaround requiring settings I cannot find in Boxee (black levels under video filters). I've compared scenes using a stand-alone media center, and the issue is only present with Boxee, ruling out automation in the TV causing it.

Has anybody experienced something similar and figured out a fix?
orion

Re: Constant auto adjustment of black levels

Post by orion »

I think the issue is not related to Boxee. It should be related to your TV. You should find an option, similar to "dynamic contrast", in your TV. You should disable it.

Return to “Boxee”