It is currently Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:53 am
All times are UTC + 8 hours

DVBLink Client in Boxee

A lot of your favorite shows and movies are already available on the Internet and your NAS. Boxee is a device that finds them and puts them on your TV. It's easy to use and even better, there's no monthly fee.

DVBLink Client in Boxee

Postby avisamson » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:47 pm

Hi,
This is my first ever forum post so apologies in advance if I have done something incorrectly.

I recently purchased the AS-604T and installed Boxee and Boxee Builtin with a view to use DVBLink (4.6.0) as a TV tuner server and client. However, the DVBLink client within Boxee will not function and when pressed shows the status bar for a few seconds and then disappears.

In reading the DVBLink forum, this seems to be a new issue just occurred since the latest 4.6.0 version and is related to Boxee not supporting the 1.5 version of the OS. (http://forum.dvblogic.com/viewtopic.php?f=78&t=26080)

Can you indicate to me if there are any upcoming upgrades to the Boxee and Boxee Builtin app that will fix this issue. Or alternatively provide me a workaround to have the DVBLink client working on the Boxee app.

Thanks in advance,

Avi
avisamson

Re: DVBLink Client in Boxee

Postby sys » Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:05 pm

I think it will be tough for any upgrade from Boxee as even the Boxee that I installed in my PC sometimes can not play the Youtube video and sometimes can. The Boxee service is very poorly maintained...

I would rather Asustor think if it possible to put XBMC in so all of the AS-6 users can have an alternative!!!
sys

Return to Boxee