It is currently Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:26 am
All times are UTC + 8 hours

Subtitles not showing?

A lot of your favorite shows and movies are already available on the Internet and your NAS. Boxee is a device that finds them and puts them on your TV. It's easy to use and even better, there's no monthly fee.

Subtitles not showing?

Postby jojje » Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:12 pm

Hi all!

I have several movies where the subtitles don´t display. The movies are mostly mkv files with an external srt subtitle file in the same directory.
The mkv files include an embedded subtitle that I can switch on and see, but I can´t make the external one show up whatever I do.

Tried to save the subtitle file both as ANSI encoded and UTF-8 encoded, it just doesn´t show up in the settings... Nor does it show automatically.
The external srt file is swedish.

What to do?
jojje

Re: Subtitles not showing?

Postby sys » Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:48 am

I have encountered the same issue when I updated to ADM 2.0 in the very beginning but then I update the Boxee to v.475, then the subtitle can bring in automatically now, no need to change the srt format...
sys

Re: Subtitles not showing?

Postby jojje » Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:40 pm

OK, I´ll try that. I´m still on ADM 1.something. Just gonna wait a few days more to make sure nothing massive in ADM2 is broken... ;)

.0475 is only available for ADM 2.0 users? The latest showing up for me is 0.332.

Thanks!

UPDATE: Went ahead and upgraded the ADM to 2.0, now it´s working fine! Thanks!
jojje

Return to Boxee