HDMI quality

A lot of your favorite shows and movies are already available on the Internet and your NAS. Boxee is a device that finds them and puts them on your TV. It's easy to use and even better, there's no monthly fee.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

asustoruser
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

HDMI quality

Post by asustoruser »

Hello,

I wonder if other users also experience problems with the picture quality when watching movies. Especially in "fast" scenes the tv shows a stripe in the middle of the screen that sometimes goes slowly up or down and the upper part and lower part of the picture are slightly shifted. Does anyone else experience this issue?

Thanks
David
aure007

Re: HDMI quality

Post by aure007 »

Hello

j have the same problem as you!
lines on the screen when I watch a bluray
asustor one of the professionals you a solution?????
unr3al21

Post by unr3al21 »

I have this problem i am starting to think that it is a hardware issue.
clinton.hall

Post by clinton.hall »

What NAS model, what firmware version, and what TV are you using?

If you have not done so yet, it is probably worth updating to adm2.0 beta and see if the problem still exists there.
AS-604T
3 x ST4000DM0000 (Seagate 4TB) in Raid5
2 GB RAM expansion
AS-302T

Apps (user)
NZBGet - CouchPotato - SickBeard - Git - Python

Apps (maintainer):
NZBGet - BitTorrent Sync - Mylar - LazyLibrarian - Gamez
-Maintenance of Apps acquired from JohhnyFive since ADM2.0:
SABnzbd - CouchPotato - SickBeard - HeadPhones - Subsonic

About Me: http://fockwulf.wix.com/index
unr3al21

Post by unr3al21 »

Hi,

My NAS model is the AS602-T and I have updated to 2.0 I bought it when they were first release. I have tried a LG LCD TV and a Panasonic TV with various HDMI cables and different file types.

I seem to have the most problem with .avi, what is a bit strange is that the HD quality files perform the best...

Can you offer any solutions?

Thanks in advance.
yogi

Post by yogi »

if u upload the .mkv to some file hoster i could analyze that encode and tell u why this happened.
for a simple check plz use mediainfo
http://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo
and post the video details.

br
yogi
Home Storage: 8x Seagate IronWolf NAS HDD 8TB ST8000VN0022 @ 608T
unr3al21

Post by unr3al21 »

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, the other thing about that playback is the UI for Boxee lags if I move fast too.
sys

Post by sys »

I have similar lagging experience from time to time but later I found out it is because either the Boxee is doing the thumbnail from IMDB when I add new sources or new content for movie or that the NAS is busy with some other tasks. For the video striping, I can barely see it for MKV movie but for family video, yes, sometimes it is visible but that is quite acceptable to me though. I used most of the time for mkv 1080p movie playback. It is very smooth without striping and this is the most important!!! :lol:

Google Atom D2700 graphic drive issue, I found in wiki the following.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_Atom

Intel 64 software support[edit]
Intel states the Atom supports 64-bit operation only "with a processor, chipset, BIOS" that all support Intel 64. Those Atom systems not supporting all of these cannot enable Intel 64.[18] As a result, the ability of an Atom-based system to run 64-bit versions of operating systems such as Ubuntu or Debian GNU/Linux may vary from one motherboard to another. Online retailer mini-itx.com has tested Atom-based motherboards made by Intel and Jetway, and while they were able to install 64-bit versions of Linux on Intel-branded motherboards with D2700 (Pineview) processors, Intel 64 support was not enabled on a Jetway-branded motherboard with a D2550 (Pineview) processor.[19]
Even among Atom-based systems which have Intel 64 enabled, not all are able to run 64-bit versions of Microsoft Windows. For those Pineview processors which support 64-bit operation, Intel Download Center currently provides 64-bit Windows 7 and Windows Vista drivers for Intel GMA 3150 graphics, found in Pineview processors.[20] However, no 64-bit Windows drivers are available for newer Atom Cedarview processors at this time.[21]
The lack of 64-bit Windows support for Cedarview processors appears to be due to a driver issue. A member of the Intel Enthusiast Team has stated in a series of posts on enthusiast site Tom's Hardware that while the Atom D2700 (Pineview) was designed with Intel 64 support, due to a "limitation of the board" Intel had pulled their previously-available 64-bit drivers for Windows 7 and would not provide any further 64-bit support.[22] Some system manufacturers have similarly stated that their motherboards with Atom Cedarview processors lack 64-bit support due to a "lack of Intel® 64-bit VGA driver support".[23] Because all Cedarview processors use the same Intel GMA 3600 or 3650 graphics as the D2700, this indicates that Atom Cedarview systems will remain unable to run 64-bit versions of Windows, even those which have Intel 64 enabled and are able to run 64-bit versions of Linux.
jeanluca

Post by jeanluca »

I have a AS-606T with 3GB internal mem and the latest firmware and I have the same issues. When I play mp4 files, I cannot navigate away with the movie still playing because its barely responding. Also enabling 'hardware acceleration' doesn't do anything. Is there maybe something we can do when we login with 'ssh' as root ?
chritcal

Post by chritcal »

I have flickering and frameloss as well. 608-T with 3GB, Onkyo receiver (TX-608EB).
Asustor AS-608T / Kingston KVR1333D3S8S9/2G / 4x WD Red 3TB (WD30EFRX) Raid 5 / APC Back-UPS ES 700VA (BE700G-GR)
Panasonic TX-P42GW15 / Onkyo TX-SR608 / Teufel System 6

Return to “Boxee”