trying to use subsonic and downsample mp3

Subsonic is a free, web-based media streamer, providing ubiquitous access to your music. Use it to share your music with friends, or to listen to your own music while at work. You can stream to multiple players simultaneously, for instance to one player in your kitchen and another in your living room.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

jotenakis
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

trying to use subsonic and downsample mp3

Post by jotenakis »

Hello
I want to make my NAS a music web server and due to low bandwith I need to get my mp3 resampled on the fly.
Subsonic fails to downsample mp3 with not explicit message :
01/01/14 23:30:11 GMT+01:00] DEBUG TranscodeInputStream Starting transcoder: [/usr/local/AppCentral/subsonic/config/transcode/ffmpeg] [-i] [/volume1/Music/New Age/Trance Scapes/Trance Scapes/01 - Parrakie Parattah (Under The Ice).mp3] [-ab] [96k] [-v] [0] [-f] [mp3] [-]
[01/01/14 23:30:11 GMT+01:00] WARN TranscodingService Failed to transcode Parrakie Parattah (Under The Ice). Using original.
Hence music lags when trying to play.

Any idea ?
tomruffner

Re: trying to use subsonic and downsample mp3

Post by tomruffner »

I too am having problems with transcoding. I currently have Subsonic version 5.2.1 installed on my Asustor AS-5104T. My preferred format for keeping files on the NAS is FLAC, but I would like to downsample them to 192 or 320 kbps mp3 on my phone when on mobile networks. After receiving warnings from my cell phone provider on my data usage, it became clear that my FLAC files are not being transcoded. All settings seem to be correct within Subsonic. Do I have to manually install transcoders? Is there some other NAS setting I have to enable? Thanks in advance.
tomruffner

Re: trying to use subsonic and downsample mp3

Post by tomruffner »

I figured it out. I downloaded the FFMPEG app from the Asustor App Central, then copied the ffmpeg file into the subsonic folder based on the directions from this thread: http://forum.asustor.com/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=2269. It now seems to be transcoding my flac to 320 kbps mp3.

Return to “Subsonic”