Error play Video mkv file

Subsonic is a free, web-based media streamer, providing ubiquitous access to your music. Use it to share your music with friends, or to listen to your own music while at work. You can stream to multiple players simultaneously, for instance to one player in your kitchen and another in your living room.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

buhuhu
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Error play Video mkv file

Post by buhuhu »

Hi

I install on my nas AS-604T and I can't play HD video file. Give me error "Video not found or access denied"

Please can you help me with that ?

Best Regards,
sys

Re: Error play Video mkv file

Post by sys »

do you use Boxee to play the video? Maybe you can PM me or share your video and I can give it a try also? I have seldom run into unplayable video.
buhuhu

Post by buhuhu »

I install subsonic on Ubuntu and works fine with anything of file.

Do you have any ideea with NAS ?

Regards,
buhuhu

Post by buhuhu »

PFIU... :D :D :D

resolved

just download ffmpeg and copy file to /volume1/.@plugins/AppCentral/subsonic/config/transcode/ffmpeg
Attachments
ffmpeg.zip
(4.8 MiB) Downloaded 897 times
sys

Post by sys »

Hey, Buhuhu, that is great!!!
JohnnyFive

Post by JohnnyFive »

yeah i always optimized subsonic for just audio, not video. So video plugins might be missing, sorry.
No Disassemble! Johnny Five Alive!
gloops100

Post by gloops100 »

buhuhu wrote:PFIU... :D :D :D

resolved

just download ffmpeg and copy file to /volume1/.@plugins/AppCentral/subsonic/config/transcode/ffmpeg
Hello buhuhu

I try with your file, but I can't read video yet.. (MKV or AVI).

Have you change other setting in subsonic ?
Asustor AS-7004T i5 8go
4 x 3To ==> Raid5
dbenyakar

Post by dbenyakar »

Hi
I am facing the same issue with the ffmpeg. I cannot transcode FLAC files using ffmpeg, simply because ffmpeg does not exist in the ADM.
When I enter /usr/local/AppCentral/subsonic/config/transcode/ there is a soft link the of @ffmpeg to /usr/builtin/bin/ffmpeg but this does not exist.
So I renamed the @ffmpeg link to something else, then copied the attached file to /usr/local/AppCentral/subsonic/config/transcode/.
But still cannot transcode FLAC.
How was this resolved??
Do I need to do anything else like changing permission of the ffmpeg file?
orion

Post by orion »

I don't know if it's helpful.
You can find ffmpeg if you installed xbmc. You can find it by "find . -name ffmpeg". It locates on /usr/local/AppCentral/xbmc/ffmpeg-smd/usr/bin/ffmpeg. However I believe you need to change environment variables in subsonic.sh. Or ffmpeg cannot find the related library. Cheers.
dbenyakar

Post by dbenyakar »

I think no environment variable needs to be changed since it is already pointing to it, to the softlink @ffmpeg. However the ffmpeg binary does not exist.
What if I install XBMC, copy the ffmpeg to the subsonic/transocde folder and the remove it, wont this do the trick?

I installed XBMC and I could not find the ffmpeg.

Solved. I copied the ffmpeg to the place where the softlink pointed to, i.e. /usr/builtin/bin and then it worked. :D

Return to “Subsonic”