LMS update

Logitech Media Server (formerly SlimServer, SqueezeCenter and Squeezebox Server) is a streaming audio server supported by Logitech (formerly Slim Devices), developed in particular to support their Squeezebox range of digital audio receivers.The software is designed for streaming music over a network, allowing users to play their music collections from virtually anywhere there is an Internet connection.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

Bit_Image
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

LMS update

Post by Bit_Image »

Tried all the directions listed, yet I am unable to update LMS server past 7.7.2
Can someone list directions that really work or perhaps Asustor can add packages that are newer?
Is there a work around? Being a former Synology user, I guess I was spoiled since their team gave us access to far new LMS server updates.
pinkdot

Re: LMS update

Post by pinkdot »

As you already experienced, Asustor packages are different from the onces provided by Synology. Currently I keep all packages for Synology up-to-date. Synology also stopped updating the packages for LMS.

The Asustor APK file comes with the ssods container. Updating to a newer version of LMS is far more difficult than on a Synology machine. But If you want I will see if I can build a LMS 7.9.0 package for you. If it works, I will drop a tutorial here.

Please provide the Asustor model you have. Don't expect wonders, I don have a Asustor (still using Synology here) so testing is up to you.

Greetings,

Martin
Bit_Image

Post by Bit_Image »

I appreciate your help! My model is a 3202T. Thank you.
pinkdot

Post by pinkdot »

Hi, Bit_Image,

I made some changes to the SSOAS files which will - hopefully - let you install the latest LMS version. I did not upgrade LMS in this APK file! You have to upgrade LMS through SSOAS yourself!

Just proceed as is described here on the forum. There is no need to rename the file anymore. The changed SSOAS should recognize the LogitechMediaServer-7.9.0-xxxxxxxxxx structure.

Lms for A3202T

Greetings,

Martin
Bit_Image

Post by Bit_Image »

Tried the .apk file that you so generously created for me and while it installed without issue, the SSOAS page does not appear. When I attempt to connect, I receive a "Index of /" page that shows "mode links last-changed bytes name", so I effectively cannot get to the SSOAS page. I then uninstalled the old application and reinstalled your package again with the same issue. However, LMS does run without issue with my transporter.
pinkdot

Post by pinkdot »

That is strange. Maybe I messed-up the file structure. The changes I made have nothing to do with SSOAS webui not showing up. These were only changes to make SSODS recognize newer versions of LMS and changing a link to ZLIB. These are all applicable for Asustor as well.

May be @clinton.hall or @JohnnyFive can takeover from here.

Greetings,

Martin
Usus

Post by Usus »

Hi Guys. I have times a AS5102T indulged. The device should be used primarily for streaming music. It runs so far almost everything clean and much faster than with my previous NAS by Synology.
Unfortunately, this threat is very old, but my problem is the right one.

Since I have many squeeze boxes in the house, with which I am very satisfied, I would like to continue using these of course. This works with the Asustor provided ancient app (Squeezebox server) also quite well. Only one is not, I get the devices when streaming via Asustor NAS not to play DTS files (in the wav container). Ripped dts CD`s I have many. With my NAS from Synology and also with the Pi2 / 3 as NAS there are no problems. There is no sound coming from Asustor. Stereo music files work excellently, only multichannel does not.
Is there a solution for this?
There is now a solution for updating the Squeezebox server. With the current Asustor operating system the tips here in the forum do not work.

Am grateful for any help. If the Squeezebox server is not running properly, I can not start with the Asustor NAS. A lot of squeeze users have already returned your NAS.

greetings

PS. I do not speak English, so this text was translated with Google. Final guilty. (There is also a German Asustor forum, there is hardly any expert knowledge, many question are unanswered).
Bit_Image

Post by Bit_Image »

After using my AS3202T for nearly a month, I returned it and purchased a Synology 916+. There is just no substitute for a mature LMS platform from Asustor, which is sad really because the hardware was really good.
Usus

Post by Usus »

Theoretically, I have no choice but to do the same thing. Also I have the 916+ now as a favorite. Synology has never let me down. My DA212 + is however very slow and consumes also in the quiescent relatively much current. This seems to be somewhat better with the 916+, but the rest mode is missing completely. Since I'm very satisfied with the music streaming with a PI3, I will probably go separate. The Pi3 for Music with my Logitech devices and for other server tasks the Asustor. Have to think about something else.

Thanks for the advice and Merry Christmas.

(Text with Google Translator)
Usus

Post by Usus »

LMS does run without issue with my transporter
For real? I can not play ripped dts CD`s (= 5.1 dts files in the original wav container) with the Transporter of the Asustor 5102T and the installed LMS. Otherwise works perfectly with all devices, even with Pi. I have many of them.

(written with Google Translator)

Return to “Logitech Media Server (Beta)”