LMS keeps NAS awake

Logitech Media Server (formerly SlimServer, SqueezeCenter and Squeezebox Server) is a streaming audio server supported by Logitech (formerly Slim Devices), developed in particular to support their Squeezebox range of digital audio receivers.The software is designed for streaming music over a network, allowing users to play their music collections from virtually anywhere there is an Internet connection.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

clinton.hall
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Re: LMS keeps NAS awake

Post by clinton.hall »

Was there no squeezelite binary in the plugins folder?

This may be why I gave up on this method... I would need to do some tests but I am kinda at a loss for now.... Perhaps I could build my binary into a plugin and use the same functionality as the default plugin version?
AS-604T
3 x ST4000DM0000 (Seagate 4TB) in Raid5
2 GB RAM expansion
AS-302T

Apps (user)
NZBGet - CouchPotato - SickBeard - Git - Python

Apps (maintainer):
NZBGet - BitTorrent Sync - Mylar - LazyLibrarian - Gamez
-Maintenance of Apps acquired from JohhnyFive since ADM2.0:
SABnzbd - CouchPotato - SickBeard - HeadPhones - Subsonic

About Me: http://fockwulf.wix.com/index
Hooky

Post by Hooky »

By binary I'm assuming you mean a standalone executable, like yours (/usr/local/AppCentral/lms/repository-32/squeezelite).

What you actually find in the Local Player plugins folder is a bunch of related files and folders, and like I say, the one named squeezlelite is much smaller than yours with a .pm extension. I'm not sure what's happening there...

As far as I'm concerned, you've already gone well above and beyond merely supporting LMS by even looking at squeezelite / Local Player, and it's fantastic its working at all, thanks again :) So if you'd like to look at into building it into a plugin its your call, whether Triode, who wrote it, would need informing I dont know...?
Hooky

Post by Hooky »

clinton.hall wrote:Was there no squeezelite binary in the plugins folder?
Sorry, I'm an idiot. I didn't link previously the bin folder with the thought that it might contain binaries :oops:

I will try again.
Hooky

Post by Hooky »

So, just to update, I replaced the binaries (both i386 and x86) with yours but the behaviour is the same, it can't find the libraries.
Hooky

Post by Hooky »

So, get this, I've been playing around, and everything works perfectly...if I boot the NAS with Soundsgood ON, then turn SG OFF, then run Squeezelite. :D

SG loads the necessaries for the USB soundcard, but then hogs it so that I can't output mp3's, so turning it off allows SL to use that device or function or whatever... This would be great if i could turn SG on and off via a script but /CONTROL/Start-stop.sh stop doesn't work properly -in that some of it is still running. It only works via the web gui, this is obviously a pain to do every time. Again, so close, so far.

Any thoughts???
clinton.hall

Post by clinton.hall »

That gives me something to go on.... I can try and have a look at this sometime to see what SoundsGood loads... Just a bit pressed for time these days :(
AS-604T
3 x ST4000DM0000 (Seagate 4TB) in Raid5
2 GB RAM expansion
AS-302T

Apps (user)
NZBGet - CouchPotato - SickBeard - Git - Python

Apps (maintainer):
NZBGet - BitTorrent Sync - Mylar - LazyLibrarian - Gamez
-Maintenance of Apps acquired from JohhnyFive since ADM2.0:
SABnzbd - CouchPotato - SickBeard - HeadPhones - Subsonic

About Me: http://fockwulf.wix.com/index

Return to “Logitech Media Server (Beta)”