Converting Flac to mp3 does not work.

Logitech Media Server (formerly SlimServer, SqueezeCenter and Squeezebox Server) is a streaming audio server supported by Logitech (formerly Slim Devices), developed in particular to support their Squeezebox range of digital audio receivers.The software is designed for streaming music over a network, allowing users to play their music collections from virtually anywhere there is an Internet connection.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

Bantex
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Converting Flac to mp3 does not work.

Post by Bantex »

Hi. I just recently got myself a 602t and been enjoying setting everything up.
I have one problem thought thats keeping me from ditching my old server completly.

I mainly use lms to stream to my phone over 3g and it cant always keep up with buffering the original flac files so i want it to convert on the go to mp3. But this does not seem to work correctly.

In the settings page the server does say that Lame is correctly installed.

I get this from the log.
3-12-01 08:50:24.2343] Slim::Utils::Misc::msg (1304) Warning: [08:50:24.2335] DBIx::Class::ResultSet::single(): Query returned more than one row. SQL that returns multiple rows is DEPRECATED for ->find and ->single at /volume1/.@plugins/AppCentral/lms/ssoas/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Slim/Schema.pm line 2257
sh: /volume1/.@plugins/AppCentral/lms/ssoas/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Bin/i386-linux/flac: not found

So what am i missing or does this simply not work yet? The software do say beta so i understand if its not in yet. Is there anyway for me to fix it myself? (not that comfortable with linux)
clinton.hall

Re: Converting Flac to mp3 does not work.

Post by clinton.hall »

The biggest problem is that this is essentially a virtual environment that allows LMS to run but it all runs in 32 bit. When the system tries to run one of these options that actually launches outside of the virtual environment, they don't run as they are 32 bit... so I think this can be fixed, but need to do some testing...

I'll try and get a response soon.
AS-604T
3 x ST4000DM0000 (Seagate 4TB) in Raid5
2 GB RAM expansion
AS-302T

Apps (user)
NZBGet - CouchPotato - SickBeard - Git - Python

Apps (maintainer):
NZBGet - BitTorrent Sync - Mylar - LazyLibrarian - Gamez
-Maintenance of Apps acquired from JohhnyFive since ADM2.0:
SABnzbd - CouchPotato - SickBeard - HeadPhones - Subsonic

About Me: http://fockwulf.wix.com/index
clinton.hall

Post by clinton.hall »

Can you please try downloading the attached zip, extract the contents and then copy the file "flac" to
/volume1/.@plugins/AppCentral/lms/ssoas/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Bin/i386-linux/flac

(this may require you to install winSCP or similar... connect as either admin or root).

I would recommend renaming the existing /volume1/.@plugins/AppCentral/lms/ssoas/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Bin/i386-linux/flac first to ensure you don't loose it ;)

via ssh (putty)

Code: Select all

mv /volume1/.@plugins/AppCentral/lms/ssoas/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Bin/i386-linux/flac /volume1/.@plugins/AppCentral/lms/ssoas/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Bin/i386-linux/flac.old
then once the new file has been copied across issue these

dos2unix /volume1/.@plugins/AppCentral/lms/ssoas/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Bin/i386-linux/flac
chown admin /volume1/.@plugins/AppCentral/lms/ssoas/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Bin/i386-linux/flac
chmod +x /volume1/.@plugins/AppCentral/lms/ssoas/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Bin/i386-linux/flac
then restart lms via AppCentral (or with

/volume1/.@plugins/AppCentral/CONTROL/start-stop.sh restart
) and see if it now works.

Let me know if it does (or doesn't) and I can look at adding this in to the next release.
Attachments
flac.zip
(89.77 KiB) Downloaded 861 times
AS-604T
2 GB RAM expansion
AS-302T

Apps (user)

Apps (maintainer):

Bantex

Post by Bantex »

Yes! Thank you so much. It works perfectly now! :D

Its also very fast at converting to highest quality 320kbit/s. Was abit scared the cpu would be to slow but no worries.
clinton.hall

Post by clinton.hall »

Glad it is working... I'll try and include in the next release.
AS-604T
2 GB RAM expansion
AS-302T

Apps (user)

Apps (maintainer):

anmol94

Post by anmol94 »

When the system tries to run one of these options that actually launches outside of the virtual environment, they don't run as they are 32 bit...

Return to “Logitech Media Server (Beta)”