[Beta] Logitech Media Server for ADM2.0

Logitech Media Server (formerly SlimServer, SqueezeCenter and Squeezebox Server) is a streaming audio server supported by Logitech (formerly Slim Devices), developed in particular to support their Squeezebox range of digital audio receivers.The software is designed for streaming music over a network, allowing users to play their music collections from virtually anywhere there is an Internet connection.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

James.S@AST
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

[Beta] Logitech Media Server for ADM2.0

Post by James.S@AST »

We repack JohnnyFive's previous work into ADM 2.0 format, please feel free to play with it.

Download: here
I dream of painting and then I paint my dream.

Storage: AS-604T
Network: Belkin N1 Wireless/F5D8231
Laptop: ASUS Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate
Media Player: HP NC6000& Wii & ASUSTOR NAS with Boxee App
Portable: HTC EVO 3D& The New iPad
wde

Re: [Beta] Logitech Media Server for ADM2.0

Post by wde »

Do you need a Logitech Media Player to use this app?

Anyway, I've installed it to try it out and directed it to the music folder on my Asustor NAS and it seems to scan properly, but when I go to select and play a song nothing happens.

Any clues to what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,
wde
My NAS: Flashtor 6 FS6706T ADM: 4.2.7.RRD1 Router: Technicolor CGM4331COM (XB7)
koymoy

Post by koymoy »

James.S@AST wrote:We repack JohnnyFive's previous work into ADM 2.0 format, please feel free to play with it.

Download: here
Get a "unknown error", when trying to upload the apk - any ideas?

also, is there a player implemented in this package and if not, could you pls do so? i have used a similar solution on my pi, and it worked like a charm, to have the pi connected to the amp and then control the player via android.

BR.

Christian
James.S@AST

Post by James.S@AST »

Hi Christian,
This beta version supports AS6 series but not AS2/3.
You may need to check with the maintainer JohnnyFive for the further needs.
I dream of painting and then I paint my dream.

Storage: AS-604T
Network: Belkin N1 Wireless/F5D8231
Laptop: ASUS Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate
Media Player: HP NC6000& Wii & ASUSTOR NAS with Boxee App
Portable: HTC EVO 3D& The New iPad
koymoy

Post by koymoy »

James.S@AST wrote:Hi Christian,
This beta version supports AS6 series but not AS2/3.
You may need to check with the maintainer JohnnyFive for the further needs.
Hi,

Thank you for your quick reply.

Thats too bad - i'll contact johnnyfive - is it a big process to make it compatible?

Br.
Christian
clinton.hall

Post by clinton.hall »

Not a huge process. Just need to replace any libraries and binaries with their 32 bit version.

JohnnyFive is probably not going to be looking at this. He has ceased most (all) online activities in his spare time. Hence I have taken over maintenance of his Apps.

I can try and have a look at this at some stage... But I have a bit going on right now...
AS-604T
3 x ST4000DM0000 (Seagate 4TB) in Raid5
2 GB RAM expansion
AS-302T

Apps (user)
NZBGet - CouchPotato - SickBeard - Git - Python

Apps (maintainer):
NZBGet - BitTorrent Sync - Mylar - LazyLibrarian - Gamez
-Maintenance of Apps acquired from JohhnyFive since ADM2.0:
SABnzbd - CouchPotato - SickBeard - HeadPhones - Subsonic

About Me: http://fockwulf.wix.com/index
koymoy

Post by koymoy »

clinton.hall wrote:Not a huge process. Just need to replace any libraries and binaries with their 32 bit version.

JohnnyFive is probably not going to be looking at this. He has ceased most (all) online activities in his spare time. Hence I have taken over maintenance of his Apps.

I can try and have a look at this at some stage... But I have a bit going on right now...
Yes, i can see, that you're a busy man :-) I, for one, would be very grateful, if you at some point found the time :-)

thank you,

Br.
CHristian
clinton.hall

Post by clinton.hall »

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0r7qprkmdd137 ... 27_any.apk

I didn't do much... JohnnyFive's apkg actually installed ssods environment. This was the i686 version which runs on both i386 and x86_64... so... All I did was chaneg the config to allow architecture = any, and rebuilt the apkg.

This should work on both series. With a quick test on 3 series the server was running and I was taken to the wizard (I don't have an account to test fully).
AS-604T
2 GB RAM expansion
AS-302T

Apps (user)

Apps (maintainer):

koymoy

Post by koymoy »

clinton.hall wrote:https://www.dropbox.com/s/0r7qprkmdd137 ... 27_any.apk

I didn't do much... JohnnyFive's apkg actually installed ssods environment. This was the i686 version which runs on both i386 and x86_64... so... All I did was chaneg the config to allow architecture = any, and rebuilt the apkg.

This should work on both series. With a quick test on 3 series the server was running and I was taken to the wizard (I don't have an account to test fully).
Hi again,

I've installed LMS and it works beautifully, thank you for the fix - theres just one last obstacle i've run into.
I tried to post it on the slimdevices forum, but got no feedback (think it drowned in the masses). Heres a direct copy of what i posted:
Local player on nas
Hi,

not sure if it's ok that i post this here, but it seemed to be the most fitting thread.

I have an asustor 302-t nas running (atom system)

I have previously been running the squeezeplug system on my rpi, but it has now taken over some htpc duties. Therefore i installed LMS for my NAS, hoping it would work pretty much the same. But with great regret, i learn, that the local player (squeezelite player?) plugin doesn't work. I can install it alright, but in settings it states that the service is not running - "Not Running (squeezelite-i386)" - is what it says to be precise. I'm no developer and no pro at either linux or nas systems in general, but loved the way it worked before on the rpi, connected to the amp, and controlling it with the orange squeeze app on my android.

Is there any way its possible to make this work?

Br.
Christian
So, i guess what i'm asking if you at some point get the time, could have peek at this - maybe it's the same compatability issue as the the LMS server. I fuly understand if you don't have the time - just had to ask, as this is one of the pieces i find important :-)

- and again, thx for the help around alot of other things :-)

Br.
Christian
clinton.hall

Post by clinton.hall »

Is this plugin a component of this package, or is this something that needs to be added, or is this actually another media player (front end) that needs to be created as an apkg?

Can you confirm what you want? I.e. Are you trying to get a local media player to play music on your amp (over HDMI?)

The problem I have is that I have never set up an account etc for this, so I have never actually used LMS.
AS-604T
2 GB RAM expansion
AS-302T

Apps (user)

Apps (maintainer):

Return to “Logitech Media Server (Beta)”