Logitech Media Server

Logitech Media Server (formerly SlimServer, SqueezeCenter and Squeezebox Server) is a streaming audio server supported by Logitech (formerly Slim Devices), developed in particular to support their Squeezebox range of digital audio receivers.The software is designed for streaming music over a network, allowing users to play their music collections from virtually anywhere there is an Internet connection.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

blackbird
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Logitech Media Server

Post by blackbird »

It would be nice to have also the Logitech Media Server running on your NAS.
Are there any plans right now?
James.W@AST

Re: Logitech Media Server

Post by James.W@AST »

Hi there,

Thanks for the advise. Squeezebox is definitely something we will support in the near future.
To Infinity and Beyond!

Friends of My AS-606T: (RAID 5 with WD Black 2TB * 4, WD Red 2TB * 2)
MacBook Air (10.8) & Self-assembled Windows PC (Windows 7)
iPhone 4S (iOS 6) & iPad 2 (iOS 6)
Boxee Box, Logitech Squeezebox Duet
SONY HT-CT150 Sound Bar (Connected directly to the NAS via HDMI)
CISCO Linksys E4200
perose

Post by perose »

I need Squeezebox support for my music system as well and I'm not sure of legacy Squeezebox support in the latest UE enabled LMS. Is there way to manually load the software from one of the various loads on the Logitech website?
James.W@AST

Post by James.W@AST »

Hi guys,

JohnnyFive has just made it for you : )
http://forum.asustor.com/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=1623
To Infinity and Beyond!

Friends of My AS-606T: (RAID 5 with WD Black 2TB * 4, WD Red 2TB * 2)
MacBook Air (10.8) & Self-assembled Windows PC (Windows 7)
iPhone 4S (iOS 6) & iPad 2 (iOS 6)
Boxee Box, Logitech Squeezebox Duet
SONY HT-CT150 Sound Bar (Connected directly to the NAS via HDMI)
CISCO Linksys E4200
Arniceous

Post by Arniceous »

As I have mentioned previously to Johnnyfive please FINALIZE the Logitech squeezebox app its beta for 3 years and running, will not update through GUI and uusers should not be subjected to bs work arounds to get the platform updated it hardly works from my 604T and buggy as hell in fact it has never worked right from day one so as an alternative since I wasn't getting anywhere with private emails to the maintainers who just thretend to take the app down I was through asking I decided to run the Logitech Media Server from my PC & it works perfect! But why do I have to commit a computer 24/7 to do the job of my Asustor/ Either uninstall from app central and find someone who can introduce a working app for wifi radios or get the squeezebox app maintained by someone els other than Clintonhall because it appears to have been abandoned. Or don't care to resolve the issues I have indicated trying to access my library through my Asustor from WIFI RADIOS!
clinton.hall

Post by clinton.hall »

So this App is designed to allow users to update via web UI and has been documented.

The bugs you claim are present in the App have not been replicated here. However I acknowledge that running this through ssoas virtual env may very likely introduce issues, but this is a result of available binaries and system limitations. The windows versions is built specifically for windows by the developers...
So it is for this reason the app remains in "beta". If I took it out of beta people would complain about buggy Apps :)

So in your ramble above, you state you were upset by my offer to remove this from App Central, but you also request that this be removed? Again, if this App that was built by JohnnyFive, and modified slightly by me to allow continues use on Asustor, is not wanted, it can be easily removed.

Otherwise, you can choose not to install this app and you can grab the SDK from Asustor and build your own better version of this App. If you get it working, you can choose to enjoy it by yourself or share it with the community.
AS-604T
3 x ST4000DM0000 (Seagate 4TB) in Raid5
2 GB RAM expansion
AS-302T

Apps (user)
NZBGet - CouchPotato - SickBeard - Git - Python

Apps (maintainer):
NZBGet - BitTorrent Sync - Mylar - LazyLibrarian - Gamez
-Maintenance of Apps acquired from JohhnyFive since ADM2.0:
SABnzbd - CouchPotato - SickBeard - HeadPhones - Subsonic

About Me: http://fockwulf.wix.com/index
MikeG.6.5

Post by MikeG.6.5 »

Clintonhall, just went to your page and saw you went to UND... I'm born and raised Williston, and attended what used to be UND-W for a while... :) How is that for a small world. (And I lived in Katy Tx for a couple of years, too...)

As far as the app, dude, it's your app, after you took it over from the other dev. If you want to pull it, that's up to you.

I'm thankful for all of the development work people like you and Philippe and many others do for this platform.
clinton.hall

Post by clinton.hall »

Hi MikeG.6.5

Small world indeed... I still don't know how a Kiwi ended up at UND, but I am familiar with Williston.

I have played with this App a few times, and it does cause major issues trying to run directly (as the Perl modules are not all present, and compiling them still seems to causes issues with the App finding them!) And using SSODS seems to run fine, but causes issues with the local player, and apparently has some instability issues. (Note SSODS was designed for Disk Station)

I don't really want to pull it, in case there are users for whom this is working. But I can't seem to find out what is going wrong with this for some users...
AS-604T
2 GB RAM expansion
AS-302T

Apps (user)

Apps (maintainer):

MikeG.6.5

Post by MikeG.6.5 »

It's likely the same issues that broke Plex Watch on the 64-bit NASes... The Perl we get from Asustor is missing some key components needed to do a successful "make" and so without them the app just won't work right.

I had to go with a Python written app to get any kind of monitoring on my Plex install, and even the version of Python Asustor supplies us has issues with some apps.

If we could do a complete repository install instead of the bastardized versions Asustor provides for Perl and Python, a lot of issues with applications that "just work" on other platforms would do the same for us. Until this happens we have to kludge along with half working or outright not working apps. :/
clinton.hall

Post by clinton.hall »

@MikeG.6.5

Python modules I can compile... I found a few little tricks... so if you need Python modules, let me know and I'll see what I can do.
Perl however, is still giving me grief.
AS-604T
2 GB RAM expansion
AS-302T

Apps (user)

Apps (maintainer):