Instructions for upgrading to official LMS version 7.9

Logitech Media Server (formerly SlimServer, SqueezeCenter and Squeezebox Server) is a streaming audio server supported by Logitech (formerly Slim Devices), developed in particular to support their Squeezebox range of digital audio receivers.The software is designed for streaming music over a network, allowing users to play their music collections from virtually anywhere there is an Internet connection.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

primusd
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Instructions for upgrading to official LMS version 7.9

Post by primusd »

Hi folks,

Thanks to a couple of google-translated german squeezebox forums I've managed to update LMS to the official 7.9 release. Ultimately it came down to an error in the routines.sh file which prevented SSOAS/SSODS from recognizing anything higher than version 7.8.

While an easier method may be possible, the fix below does require some command line skill (but certainly not much... my own capacity here is very basic). For info, I'm running ADM 2.6.6.RCF2 on an AS6104T.

1) login to your NAS via ssh:
If you don't know how to do this, the easiest route may be to install the app 'Shell in a Box' from AppCentral and then launch that, using your admin credentials to login. Alternatively this can be done using Putty on windows (http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/ or Terminal on a mac.

Note: if you haven't already done so, you may first need to enable ssh access on your NAS, which can be done via: Services > Terminal (port 22 should already be set).

2) find the routines.sh file:

Code: Select all

cd /
From the root directory, use 'find' to search for the routines.sh file:

find -name "routines.sh"
It may take a few seconds, but the terminal should output something that includes the following (or similar): ./volume1/.@plugins/AppCentral/lms/ssoas/libexec/ssods/routines.sh

3) just to be safe, make a copy of the current routines.sh file and place it in the admin's home folder:

cd ./volume1/.@plugins/AppCentral/lms/ssoas/libexec/ssods/

cp routines.sh routines.sh ~
4) using the vi editor, edit routines.sh to accept the 7.9 upgrade:

vi ./volume1/.@plugins/AppCentral/lms/ssoas/libexec/ssods/routines.sh
This will open the file in the vi editor.

Press "a" to enter edit mode.

Scroll down, using the down arrow, to find the line:

ssversion=`sed -n 's/^[^#]*\$VERSION[ \t]*=[ \t]*'"'"'\([012345678\.]*\)'"'"'[ \t]*;/\1/p' ${SSBIN} 2>/dev/null`
(this was on line 69/444 in my file)

Edit this line to add a "9" in the sequence of allowed versions. In other words, it should read:

ssversion=`sed -n 's/^[^#]*\$VERSION[ \t]*=[ \t]*'"'"'\([0123456789\.]*\)'"'"'[ \t]*;/\1/p' ${SSBIN} 2>/dev/null`
Save the file and exit the vi editor by pressing ":wq" (i.e. write and quit; don't forget the colon)

And that's it... close the ssh terminal and proceed to use the instructions from here viewtopic.php?f=54&t=4037 to upgrade LMS to 7.9 via http://NAS-IP:9099.

PS - you can download the recently-released official LMS version 7.9 here: http://downloads.slimdevices.com/Logite ... -7.9.0.tgz

Ideally this fix gets incorporated into an official Asustor LMS package eventually (cc: , but in the meantime, I hope this works as smoothly for others as it did for me.
primusd

Re: Instructions for upgrading to official LMS version 7.9

Post by primusd »

I should note, when upgrading to 7.9 via SSOAS, while the upgrade was successful, I did get a warning (or 4). TBH, I'm not really sure what it means or what impact it has, but I do know LMS 7.9 has been working great so far...
Attachments
7.9warning.png
7.9warning.png (196.23 KiB) Viewed 25798 times
seth

Post by seth »

Thank you so much for this @primusd. Works great!
Khipcyon

Post by Khipcyon »

Thank you @primusd ! I searched a long time before finding your post and it works perfectly !
I finally managed to upgrade to LMS 7.9.

However, I now encounter another problem with Spotty (third party plugin to use Spotify).
When I try to launch the application via LMS, I get an error message :

"Spotty requires the Perl module IO::Socket::SSL. You can NOT use Spotty without this module. Please use your operating system's package manager to install it."

I tried to find a way to solve this (installing Perl Modules via SSH, ...) but did not succees (I'm really not into IT I must say...).

Any thoughts or solution about this ?

Best,

NAS : AS3202T
ADM : 3.2.1.RKU4
LMS : 7.9.2-1536946607
primusd

Post by primusd »

Glad to hear it was helpful!!

I'm afraid I also have challenges with Spotty, and in fact because of this, I barely use by Squeezebox anymore :(

I've tried posting here and the LMS forums https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthre ... to-run-LMS, but no luck finding someone with the technical skills to help overcome the problem.

Would have been nice...
primusd

Post by primusd »

Assuming no one found a workaround or uses this anymore... that's a shame.

Return to “Logitech Media Server (Beta)”