CouchPotatoServer

CouchPotato is an automatic NZB and torrent downloader.
You can keep a "want to watch"-list and it will search for NZBs/torrents of these items every X hours. Once a correct release is found, matching the correct quality, it will send it to SABnzbd or download the .nzb or .torrent to a specified directory.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

cyph
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

CouchPotatoServer

Post by cyph »

Hi,

It looks like CouchPotatoV1 has been retired for the new CouchPotatoServer. Will there be an update to point to this new version? The version I installed from the App Central doesn't work at all for me.

Update: I was able to use the same git clone tutorial from the Sickbeard subforum to update to the new version. I believe the old couchpotato repository hasn't been updated in three years. It also doesn't work.
Auberon2k

Re: CouchPotatoServer

Post by Auberon2k »

If you read the script files it's already using the CouchPotatoServer GIT. Not the old V1. I noticed this when I was looking into changing the start-stop.sh
Auberon2k

Post by Auberon2k »

Sorry, I felt I should add some proof, here's a copy of the About page in my CouchPotato

Versionb69f8b7e (19/3/2014 14:33:14)Updatergit, masterID20391 Directories/volume1/.@plugins/AppCentral/couchpotato/CouchPotato/usr/local/AppCentral/couchpotato/configStartup Args--daemon--data_dir/usr/local/AppCentral/couchpotato/config--pid_file/usr/local/AppCentral/couchpotato/CouchPotato.pidNamespace(config_file='/usr/local/AppCentral/couchpotato/config/settings.conf', console_log=False, daemon=True, data_dir='/usr/local/AppCentral/couchpotato/config', debug=False, pid_file='/usr/local/AppCentral/couchpotato/CouchPotato.pid', quiet=False)

Sorry, That came through way more horrible than I imagined.
Anyhow, TLDR, It is CouchPotatoServer and it's working/updating fine and frequently.
cyph

Post by cyph »

That's really strange.

I'm using the 604-T and the version I have is broken. However, when I edited the start-stop.sh, the URL does point to the new version. I guess for some reason, the install didn't work for me. Never mind, it may a messed install just on my system.
clinton.hall

Post by clinton.hall »

Check your folder permissions on /usr/local/AppCentral

if AppCentral has 700 permissions, the App will not run.

to fix log in to ssh as root and run

Code: Select all

chmod 755 /usr/local/AppCentral
AS-604T
3 x ST4000DM0000 (Seagate 4TB) in Raid5
2 GB RAM expansion
AS-302T

Apps (user)
NZBGet - CouchPotato - SickBeard - Git - Python

Apps (maintainer):
NZBGet - BitTorrent Sync - Mylar - LazyLibrarian - Gamez
-Maintenance of Apps acquired from JohhnyFive since ADM2.0:
SABnzbd - CouchPotato - SickBeard - HeadPhones - Subsonic

About Me: http://fockwulf.wix.com/index
cyph

Post by cyph »

Hi Clinton,

I appreciate your work on Couch Potato and SickBeard, my two favorite apps.

The permission appears to work and the instance did run. However, when it I got to the page, the background was white and the layout was messed up (words were overlapping). Clicking on the buttons doesn't show as check boxes and everything was just wonky. I just assumed it was pointing to the old version. However, it's working now after I cloned the git so I can't really say what happened and unable to troubleshoot a working version. I did not make any permission changes to the folder after I git cloned it so I don't think it was a permission issue.

It was a fresh install of ADM 2.1 with no previous installs. I did rename the old couchpotato folder so if there's anything in there that can point to what git version it was, I can try to look.
clinton.hall

Post by clinton.hall »

The old folder should have been a git clone of the default master branch... You can enter that directory ( even when renamed) and do a git pull...

It may have just been a strange glitch with your initial git clone at install time...
AS-604T
3 x ST4000DM0000 (Seagate 4TB) in Raid5
2 GB RAM expansion
AS-302T

Apps (user)
NZBGet - CouchPotato - SickBeard - Git - Python

Apps (maintainer):
NZBGet - BitTorrent Sync - Mylar - LazyLibrarian - Gamez
-Maintenance of Apps acquired from JohhnyFive since ADM2.0:
SABnzbd - CouchPotato - SickBeard - HeadPhones - Subsonic

About Me: http://fockwulf.wix.com/index
Nato

Post by Nato »

I had the same problem. When I restarted couch potato however, the web page displayed correctly.

Return to “CouchPotato”