SickRage forks

Sick Beard is a PVR for newsgroup users (with limited torrent support). It watches for new episodes of your favorite shows and when they are posted it downloads them, sorts and renames them, and optionally generates metadata for them. It currently supports NZBs.org, NZBMatrix, NZBs'R'Us, Newzbin, Womble's Index, NZB.su, TVTorrents and EZRSS and retrieves show information from theTVDB.com and TVRage.com.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

clinton.hall
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

SickRage forks

Post by clinton.hall »

Hi All,

I have been offline for a while, having changed jobs, moved countries etc...

Throughout this, my SickRage install has been working fine so I had no reason to question it. But now I am checking compatibility with the arm64 systems and I notice that 1 of the SickRage forks works, but the other does not.

The SickRageTV fork has added several new requirements (python libs) and these require cross-compiling. I can do this for a few libs here and there, but for something changing so frequently this becomes too much for this type of APP. This may be better served by a Docker, or Entware system (neither of which I have much experience with).

The SickRage fork itself still functions fine. and I have submitted to App Central a new SickGear app.

Given the incompatibility with the current SickRageTV fork, I am assuming no-one is currently using this fork of Asustor (through my App) or at least are not updating it. But the question is, does anyone want me to keep the option to install a custom fork (keeping in mind it may not be compatible), or just update the App to provide only SickRage fork (unless someone manually edits files)?

Is anyone aware of another App or a method of supporting SickRageTV or is anyone otherwise keen to have this fork supported?
AS-604T
3 x ST4000DM0000 (Seagate 4TB) in Raid5
2 GB RAM expansion
AS-302T

Apps (user)
NZBGet - CouchPotato - SickBeard - Git - Python

Apps (maintainer):
NZBGet - BitTorrent Sync - Mylar - LazyLibrarian - Gamez
-Maintenance of Apps acquired from JohhnyFive since ADM2.0:
SABnzbd - CouchPotato - SickBeard - HeadPhones - Subsonic

About Me: http://fockwulf.wix.com/index
brendanheyu

Re: SickRage forks

Post by brendanheyu »

Clinton!

If only I had seen this thread before! Sickrage is, well - sick.

Yup - I'm using your builds. Now with all the shenanigans going on - I can't update or go anywhere.

I would love to hear what you might suggest now? I'm still keen to keep my asustor running - still solid!
clinton.hall

Re: SickRage forks

Post by clinton.hall »

My App still works fine, but you need to manually point it to the https://github.com/SickChill/SickChill.git fork

if you are still running "sickrage" and it ells you you are many commits behind and can't update etc, then:
stop SickRage app

then via ssh

Code: Select all

cd /volume1/.@plugins/AppCentral/sickbeard-tvrage/config
rm -rf repo.txt
cd ..
rm -rf SickBeard-TVRage
Now restart the app.. it should take you back to the "what repo do you want to install"
select the custom field and enter

Code: Select all

https://github.com/SickChill/SickChill.git
once this downloads and restarts, refresh your browser and you should be looking at the updated sickchill with all of your settings and history etc retained.

it is probably best to backup your whole /volume1/.@plugins/AppCentral/sickbeard-tvrage/config direcotry for good measure first.
AS-604T
3 x ST4000DM0000 (Seagate 4TB) in Raid5
2 GB RAM expansion
AS-302T

Apps (user)
NZBGet - CouchPotato - SickBeard - Git - Python

Apps (maintainer):
NZBGet - BitTorrent Sync - Mylar - LazyLibrarian - Gamez
-Maintenance of Apps acquired from JohhnyFive since ADM2.0:
SABnzbd - CouchPotato - SickBeard - HeadPhones - Subsonic

About Me: http://fockwulf.wix.com/index

Return to “SickBeard”