Add folder from a second NAS

Sick Beard is a PVR for newsgroup users (with limited torrent support). It watches for new episodes of your favorite shows and when they are posted it downloads them, sorts and renames them, and optionally generates metadata for them. It currently supports NZBs.org, NZBMatrix, NZBs'R'Us, Newzbin, Womble's Index, NZB.su, TVTorrents and EZRSS and retrieves show information from theTVDB.com and TVRage.com.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

Hakon_H
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Add folder from a second NAS

Post by Hakon_H »

Hi.
I have installed SickRage on my Asustor 202TE, but I also have a second nas with some TV-Shows. I can't figure out how to add folder from the second NAS to SickRage.
Can I mount folders from my other NAS to my Asustor? and if so, can someone please point me in the right direction?
MikeG.6.5

Re: Add folder from a second NAS

Post by MikeG.6.5 »

I would have to assume it's possible to do, but I've never looked into how to do it.

Looking at Asustor's documentation in this link: http://download.asustor.com/college/en/ ... _Linux.pdf Starting on page 11 it talks about using Linux as a client to connect to an Asustor NAS. You can try these seteps running WinSCP in either a treminall window or in PuTTY. (Find WinSCP for your PC, and install it and the PuTTY addon, and take things slowly. This can fubar your machine quickly if you don't do things right.)

Let us know how this works or not, huh? I have might need to use this sometime in the future and would be nice to see if it works.
Hakon_H

Post by Hakon_H »

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

This is what I got:

First log in to your asustore (web ui)
Go to "Access Control" then "Shared Folders"
Add a new folder (I use mybooklive in volume1)

PUTTY in to asustor as:
username = root
password = your password (same as your normal user password)

mount -t cifs -o username=,rw,users,uid=1000 //ip.to.your.second.nas/folder /volume1/mybooklive

Is there any way to mount this automaticly on each restart?
Hakon_H

Post by Hakon_H »

I found the solution her http://forum.asustor.com/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=1681

Everything working :)

thanks

Return to “SickBeard”