"This webpage is not available" when logging into SickBeard? The solution (that worked for me)!

Sick Beard is a PVR for newsgroup users (with limited torrent support). It watches for new episodes of your favorite shows and when they are posted it downloads them, sorts and renames them, and optionally generates metadata for them. It currently supports NZBs.org, NZBMatrix, NZBs'R'Us, Newzbin, Womble's Index, NZB.su, TVTorrents and EZRSS and retrieves show information from theTVDB.com and TVRage.com.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

TheSwede86
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

"This webpage is not available" when logging into SickBeard? The solution (that worked for me)!

Post by TheSwede86 »

Hi!

My NAS had performed a reset during a power outage and after that when I tried to use SickBeard I got this error when trying to open the app:
"This webpage is not available"
It worked fine before so that was quite weird, SickBeards logs didnt tell me anything.

Here is how I fixed it and all credit goes to the other guys here before me and the admin for solving this:

1) Tried using this command using PuTTY and logging into my NAS using SSH & root:

Code: Select all

/usr/local/AppCentral/sickbeard/CONTROL/start-stop.sh restart
That in turn gave this response:

root@AS5004T-9FDD:/volume1/.@root # /usr/local/AppCentral/sickbeard/CONTROL/start-stop.sh restart
Restarting SickBeard
Shutting down SickBeard at Wed Apr  1 22:14:35 CEST 2015...
SickBeard is not running? (Wed Apr  1 22:14:35 CEST 2015)
SickBeard prestartup checks... (Wed Apr  1 22:14:35 CEST 2015)
 Cheetah found...
Starting SickBeardPID file: /usr/local/AppCentral/sickbeard/SickBeard.pid already exists. Exiting.
 Done (Wed Apr  1 22:14:36 CEST 2015)
2) I then deleted the "SickBeard.pid" file located in "/volume1/.@plugins/AppCentral/sickbeard" using FileZilla, logged in as "root" using SFTP and tried the command (i.e. the start-stop.sh command listed above again) and got this response:

root@AS5004T-9FDD:/volume1/.@root # /usr/local/AppCentral/sickbeard/CONTROL/start-stop.sh restart
Restarting SickBeard
Shutting down SickBeard at Wed Apr  1 22:26:11 CEST 2015...
SickBeard is not running? (Wed Apr  1 22:26:11 CEST 2015)
SickBeard prestartup checks... (Wed Apr  1 22:26:11 CEST 2015)
 Cheetah found...
Starting SickBeard Done (Wed Apr  1 22:26:13 CEST 2015)
Now it works fine :)

Just the start-stop.sh command listed in 1) above might work for you, otherwise you might want to try 2)
As always your specific path may vary as well as if it solves it or not, just wanted to share this with you.
NAS: AS-5004T w. Corsair 2x4GB DDR3L 1600MHz (CMSO8GX3M2C1600C11) [8GB]
3x Western Digital Red 4TB (WD40EFRX) in RAID5
F/W (as of 2019-05-27): ADM 3.3
Elrique64

Re: "This webpage is not available" when logging into SickBeard? The solution (that worked for me)!

Post by Elrique64 »

What I have found with Sickbeard is, if you don't exit the app itself (shut it down or stop it with terminal) the .pid file never gets cleaned up.

So if the NAS crashes, for whatever reason, I have to manually go in and delete this .pid file in order to start Sickbeard again. Have to do the same thing with Couchpotato as well.

Return to “SickBeard”