missing unrar link

Sick Beard is a PVR for newsgroup users (with limited torrent support). It watches for new episodes of your favorite shows and when they are posted it downloads them, sorts and renames them, and optionally generates metadata for them. It currently supports NZBs.org, NZBMatrix, NZBs'R'Us, Newzbin, Womble's Index, NZB.su, TVTorrents and EZRSS and retrieves show information from theTVDB.com and TVRage.com.
ho66es
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

missing unrar link

Post by ho66es »

Hi

after getting sickrage up and running I uninstalled sickbeard. Then noticed failures in sickrage. Turns out the symlink in .@plugins/bin to /usr/local/AppCentral/nzbget/repository/unrar/unrar was gone. Recreated and all is working so far

not sure what best to prevent this is? and maybe there are others missing I haven't noticed?
608t
clinton.hall

Re: missing unrar link

Post by clinton.hall »

Interesting observation.

I no longer link files to /usr/local/bin (@plugins/bin) since this can cause issues with multiple Apps linking different versions to the same place. Instead, NZBGet now exports the PATH/LD_LIBRARY_PATH so that it (and all of its daughter processes) can find the needed binaries and libraries.

What I'll actually need to do is bundle unrar binary with SickRage (wasn't used by SickBeard, and I never considered this when building SickRage App)
AS-604T
3 x ST4000DM0000 (Seagate 4TB) in Raid5
2 GB RAM expansion
AS-302T

Apps (user)
NZBGet - CouchPotato - SickBeard - Git - Python

Apps (maintainer):
NZBGet - BitTorrent Sync - Mylar - LazyLibrarian - Gamez
-Maintenance of Apps acquired from JohhnyFive since ADM2.0:
SABnzbd - CouchPotato - SickBeard - HeadPhones - Subsonic

About Me: http://fockwulf.wix.com/index
ho66es

Post by ho66es »

ahhhh yes it's really nzbget that uses it isn't it. hmmm wonder what deleted it as well

I was trying sabnzbdplus out when I was having issues with sickrage, could well be i uninstalled it at same time as sickbeard and it took unrar away? does that make more sense?
608t
clinton.hall

Post by clinton.hall »

yes, sabnzbd and (older) nzbget Apps both link unrar to /usr/local/bin

new nzbget does not, and uninstalling SABnzbd would have removed any remaining versions of unrar at /usr/local/bin

the next version of SABnzbd App will also no-longer link to /usr/local/bin, but I'll ensure the next version of SickRage will include unrar in the path.
AS-604T
3 x ST4000DM0000 (Seagate 4TB) in Raid5
2 GB RAM expansion
AS-302T

Apps (user)
NZBGet - CouchPotato - SickBeard - Git - Python

Apps (maintainer):
NZBGet - BitTorrent Sync - Mylar - LazyLibrarian - Gamez
-Maintenance of Apps acquired from JohhnyFive since ADM2.0:
SABnzbd - CouchPotato - SickBeard - HeadPhones - Subsonic

About Me: http://fockwulf.wix.com/index

Return to “SickBeard”