[Solved] Another sickbeard login problem

Sick Beard is a PVR for newsgroup users (with limited torrent support). It watches for new episodes of your favorite shows and when they are posted it downloads them, sorts and renames them, and optionally generates metadata for them. It currently supports NZBs.org, NZBMatrix, NZBs'R'Us, Newzbin, Womble's Index, NZB.su, TVTorrents and EZRSS and retrieves show information from theTVDB.com and TVRage.com.
benners
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

[Solved] Another sickbeard login problem

Post by benners »

Hi.
Looking through the forum there are a few people with sudden loss of connection to sickbeard. Unlike those I'm new to the whole NAS and sickbeard thing so I am looking for some help related to telnet and fixing the sickbeard issue.

It looks like my 604T crashed for some reason. After restarting I was unable to connect to sickbeard, this has worked in the past but not this time. Others like SABnzbd connect. Using the web interface I cannot see any folders for sickbeard so don't know how to check the log file.

I have installed the telnet client for Windows 7 but I am stumped by how to connect to the NAS and run the commands like "/usr/local/AppCentral/sickbeard/CONTROL/start-stop.sh restart" that others have reported fixes the issue so was wondering if someone could help an idiot out with a guide to do this?.

Thanks
Update: Used Putty with Google's help as Windows telnet can't connect via ssh. Drilled down to Sickbeard directory and deleted the SickBeard.pid file. Ran the command mentioned in other posts and it's up and running again

Return to “SickBeard”