SABnzbd Performance - AS5002T -- QUESTION

SABnzbd makes Usenet as simple and streamlined as possible by automating everything we can. All you have to do is add an .nzb. SABnzbd takes over from there, where it will be automatically downloaded, verified, repaired, extracted and filed away with zero human interaction.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

rahduke
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

SABnzbd Performance - AS5002T -- QUESTION

Post by rahduke »

Hello all

Just ordered the AS5002T off amazon. It's pretty new so there there aren't reviews or benchmarks online (at least that I could find). I'm wondering if you guys think it will be powerful enough to run sabnzbd and get full download speeds. I've been researching running SAB on NAS's for weeks and I still haven't found any definitive evidence of SABNZBD running at full capacity on any device. I feel like a dual core baytrail celeron w/ DDR3 should be enough to handle it but I would like some input.
clinton.hall

Re: SABnzbd Performance - AS5002T -- QUESTION

Post by clinton.hall »

Depends on what "full speed" is and if you are going to be using ssl?

But if you do find it maxing out your CPU, I also maintain the NZBGet App and this used much less CPU (personally I prefer NZBget on a NAS... and yes, I used SABnzbd for years on my PC before switching...)
AS-604T
3 x ST4000DM0000 (Seagate 4TB) in Raid5
2 GB RAM expansion
AS-302T

Apps (user)
NZBGet - CouchPotato - SickBeard - Git - Python

Apps (maintainer):
NZBGet - BitTorrent Sync - Mylar - LazyLibrarian - Gamez
-Maintenance of Apps acquired from JohhnyFive since ADM2.0:
SABnzbd - CouchPotato - SickBeard - HeadPhones - Subsonic

About Me: http://fockwulf.wix.com/index
rahduke

Post by rahduke »

thanks for the reply. I'm aware of nzbget, and I understand the benefits; C vs Python, gui vs cli on performance however I really want something that is automated. The sorting features along with the chrome plugins/android apps that manage SAB are indispensable to me. I define full speed as downloading as quickly as I can on my desktop (11MBs), I guess I'll just wait and see the results.

If this doesn't work out I think I'm just going to build a mini-itx rig and run FreeNas or Ubuntu, will actually end up being cheaper lol!
clinton.hall

Post by clinton.hall »

I think you will probably be able to achieve your Max Download... depending on what else you have running of course...
With regard the "ease of automation"... NZBGet allows multiple PostProcess scripts, and there is a good filesort script that does the "sorting"... most of the SAB features are available... can't comment on iOS/Android devices except to say I know there are some...
But this is why I maintain both SABnzbd and NZBGet Apps... you have the choice :)
AS-604T
3 x ST4000DM0000 (Seagate 4TB) in Raid5
2 GB RAM expansion
AS-302T

Apps (user)
NZBGet - CouchPotato - SickBeard - Git - Python

Apps (maintainer):
NZBGet - BitTorrent Sync - Mylar - LazyLibrarian - Gamez
-Maintenance of Apps acquired from JohhnyFive since ADM2.0:
SABnzbd - CouchPotato - SickBeard - HeadPhones - Subsonic

About Me: http://fockwulf.wix.com/index
rahduke

Post by rahduke »

Just a heads up to anyone who may come across this thread while shopping around. I can confirm the AS5002T does achieve full download speeds on my connection (75mbps, 10mb per sec). I have upgraded the ram to 4GB though, not sure if it can do it with the stock 1GB. It also works fine while running other apps on the NAS like PLEX and Couchpotato, sickbeard etc...

Return to “SABnzbdplus”