SABnzbdplus Installed but no access

SABnzbd makes Usenet as simple and streamlined as possible by automating everything we can. All you have to do is add an .nzb. SABnzbd takes over from there, where it will be automatically downloaded, verified, repaired, extracted and filed away with zero human interaction.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

rcullen1964
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

SABnzbdplus Installed but no access

Post by rcullen1964 »

Asustor 304T. I Have installed the SABnzbdplus app from the App Central store via the browser portal. I've only just got the NAS so wonder if I have missed something somewhere?

The SABnxbdplus app icon can be clicked and a new browser tab starts up but gives an unable to connect message that it is "unable to connect to the server at 192.168.0.5:8088". That IP being the LAN IP of the NAS drive.

I have tried rebooting the NAS drive.

Only other apps installed are Asustor Portal, Chrome, Git, Python, Remote Center, X,Org and XBMC (NAS is in Media Mode to enable this). I believe these are working correctly.

Any ideas please?
Kapitein Haak

Re: SABnzbdplus Installed but no access

Post by Kapitein Haak »

Hello rcullen1964,

You might want to check http://forum.asustor.com/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=3350. Have a look at the post from clinton.hall. This may be the same problem you are experiencing.

BR, Kapitein Haak.
"What would the world be like without Captain Hook?"
---
"Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum" (A wise man doesn't piss into the wind), only in Amsterdam:
https://www.google.nl/maps/@52.36289,4. ... 312!8i6656
rcullen1964

Post by rcullen1964 »

Thanks for the suggestion, but I don't think it did anything.

I think I worked out how to SSH using putty, and ran the chmod 775 on the usr/local/AppCentral folder. But to be honest I wouldn't have a clue if that worked, if I did it right or what. The putty client didn't seem to generate any output message, just gave me another prompt.

Being realistic here, one of the attractions of the Asustor was the idea of apps that could be easily installed without having to understand what the system was doing underneath. Even delving around to understand what this SSH stuff is, which isn't covered in any guide I've found, is a lot more effort than I was expecting.

Still can't get SABnzbdplus to run.
rcullen1964

Post by rcullen1964 »

Correction It Has Worked :D

I needed to disable and then re-enable the SABnzbdplus app in AppCentral

Thanks for the pointers
clinton.hall

Post by clinton.hall »

rcullen1964 wrote: Being realistic here, one of the attractions of the Asustor was the idea of apps that could be easily installed without having to understand what the system was doing underneath. Even delving around to understand what this SSH stuff is, which isn't covered in any guide I've found, is a lot more effort than I was expecting.
I agree... and trust me when i say that I what I intend with any App I create.

Essentially, what you have encountered is a bug, and the crew at Asustor are trying to find out what is causing this... It may be a Firmware issue, or another App that is changing these folder permissions. But in any case, Asustor should have a fix for this in the next Firmware update.
AS-604T
3 x ST4000DM0000 (Seagate 4TB) in Raid5
2 GB RAM expansion
AS-302T

Apps (user)
NZBGet - CouchPotato - SickBeard - Git - Python

Apps (maintainer):
NZBGet - BitTorrent Sync - Mylar - LazyLibrarian - Gamez
-Maintenance of Apps acquired from JohhnyFive since ADM2.0:
SABnzbd - CouchPotato - SickBeard - HeadPhones - Subsonic

About Me: http://fockwulf.wix.com/index
UncleBingo

Post by UncleBingo »

2 days into ownership. I'm experiencing exactly the same problem on a new AS 5002T, but sadly disabling SABnzbdplus and re-enabling it from App Central makes no difference to the end result. The result being "This webpage is not available" from chrome when clicking the icon in Portal. The URL being: http://192.168.1.69:8088/.

Are there any other things a novice could try :?:
clinton.hall

Post by clinton.hall »

SABnzbd currently can't be installed due to a major crash at sorceforge forums,

This being rebuilt, and I expect all should work once http://sabnzbdplus.sourceforge.net/version/latest is available again.
AS-604T
3 x ST4000DM0000 (Seagate 4TB) in Raid5
2 GB RAM expansion
AS-302T

Apps (user)
NZBGet - CouchPotato - SickBeard - Git - Python

Apps (maintainer):
NZBGet - BitTorrent Sync - Mylar - LazyLibrarian - Gamez
-Maintenance of Apps acquired from JohhnyFive since ADM2.0:
SABnzbd - CouchPotato - SickBeard - HeadPhones - Subsonic

About Me: http://fockwulf.wix.com/index
UncleBingo

Post by UncleBingo »

Thanks for the update Clinton. Much Appreciated.
nullPointer

Post by nullPointer »

I had the same issue
Only the link to "latest" at sourceforge failed, so I downloaded the file manually to AppCentral/sabnzbdplus/repository, then touched Download/sabnzbdplus/logs/FORCE_MANUAL_INSTALL with the path to the source tarball (relative to /volume1/), and ran the start script

The script found the tar, uncompressed it, and started it like a charm

As such, if you've some basic experience with Linux path strictures and CLI, you can get it working now instead of waiting until dice fixes SF completely

Apologies if my paths/filenames aremt perfect, I'm posting from my phone on my lunch, and am not near my nas right now to copy/paste

Lmk if you want me to post the exact steps I used last night when I get home tonite, if you need more help
itdaboyz

Post by itdaboyz »

nullPointer wrote:I had the same issue
Only the link to "latest" at sourceforge failed, so I downloaded the file manually to AppCentral/sabnzbdplus/repository, then touched Download/sabnzbdplus/logs/FORCE_MANUAL_INSTALL with the path to the source tarball (relative to /volume1/), and ran the start script

The script found the tar, uncompressed it, and started it like a charm

As such, if you've some basic experience with Linux path strictures and CLI, you can get it working now instead of waiting until dice fixes SF completely

Apologies if my paths/filenames aremt perfect, I'm posting from my phone on my lunch, and am not near my nas right now to copy/paste

Lmk if you want me to post the exact steps I used last night when I get home tonite, if you need more help
Thanks !
That worked like a charm !

Return to “SABnzbdplus”