Folder permissions

SABnzbd makes Usenet as simple and streamlined as possible by automating everything we can. All you have to do is add an .nzb. SABnzbd takes over from there, where it will be automatically downloaded, verified, repaired, extracted and filed away with zero human interaction.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

koymoy
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Folder permissions

Post by koymoy »

Hi,

I don't know if this post really belongs here or it should have been in the ADM section, but here goes.

When a dl is completed, and the folder is created/moved from temp to the final, say, movie-folder, i have this problem of the owner of the folder is registered as 'root' - this becomes a problem, when i try to dl subs from within XBMC (openelec), and add the subs to the corresponding folder.
I have tried to apply 'administrator' as the owner of the top folder, and then tick the field, where it says to apply same thing to subfolders, but nothing changes. is couchpotato the problem, SAB or is it the security nature of the asustor nas? I have checked folder permissions on SAB, and it says: '777'
and on couchpotato it is: '0755'. Hope theres a easy solution to this - thx in advance! :-)

Br.
Christian
clinton.hall

Re: Folder permissions

Post by clinton.hall »

Are you up to date in App Central? the latest of both SABnzbd and CouchPotato Apps now run as admin, not root.

I am assuming you are on ADM 2.0+ and not ADM 1.0?
AS-604T
3 x ST4000DM0000 (Seagate 4TB) in Raid5
2 GB RAM expansion
AS-302T

Apps (user)
NZBGet - CouchPotato - SickBeard - Git - Python

Apps (maintainer):
NZBGet - BitTorrent Sync - Mylar - LazyLibrarian - Gamez
-Maintenance of Apps acquired from JohhnyFive since ADM2.0:
SABnzbd - CouchPotato - SickBeard - HeadPhones - Subsonic

About Me: http://fockwulf.wix.com/index
koymoy

Post by koymoy »

clinton.hall wrote:Are you up to date in App Central? the latest of both SABnzbd and CouchPotato Apps now run as admin, not root.

I am assuming you are on ADM 2.0+ and not ADM 1.0?
Yes, and yes :-)

Br.

Christian
clinton.hall

Post by clinton.hall »

These latest versions run as admin, not root, so they should not be making folders with root owner.
Potentially any folders made from the older versions may have been root, but not the new ones.

You can fix this by ssh... In this example I make movies folder and all sub folders admin owner. Note, you need to log in to ssh as root.

Code: Select all

chown -R admin /volume1/Public/movies
AS-604T
3 x ST4000DM0000 (Seagate 4TB) in Raid5
2 GB RAM expansion
AS-302T

Apps (user)
NZBGet - CouchPotato - SickBeard - Git - Python

Apps (maintainer):
NZBGet - BitTorrent Sync - Mylar - LazyLibrarian - Gamez
-Maintenance of Apps acquired from JohhnyFive since ADM2.0:
SABnzbd - CouchPotato - SickBeard - HeadPhones - Subsonic

About Me: http://fockwulf.wix.com/index
koymoy

Post by koymoy »

clinton.hall wrote:These latest versions run as admin, not root, so they should not be making folders with root owner.
Potentially any folders made from the older versions may have been root, but not the new ones.

You can fix this by ssh... In this example I make movies folder and all sub folders admin owner. Note, you need to log in to ssh as root.

Code: Select all

chown -R admin /volume1/Public/movies
Thanks Clinton - have tried your suggestion, and it seems that you're right ;-)

br.
Christian

Return to “SABnzbdplus”