Having to restart sabnzbd frequently

SABnzbd makes Usenet as simple and streamlined as possible by automating everything we can. All you have to do is add an .nzb. SABnzbd takes over from there, where it will be automatically downloaded, verified, repaired, extracted and filed away with zero human interaction.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

igracgq
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Having to restart sabnzbd frequently

Post by igracgq »

Not sure if anyone else is experiencing this but for some reason my sabnzbd stops working every few days and then I have to go to app central and disable and then enable the app in order for it to start working again. I'm not too sure what could be causing this problem. I had a qnap with same settings and was never an issue (running same sabnzbd version) so I'm thinking it could be something with asustor? Any thoughts

Thanks
AS-602 with 3GB ram, 4TB WD Red

Qnap TS-119, DD-WRT Linksys 310n, WDlxTV player, RasperryPi OpenELEC
exussum

Re: Having to restart sabnzbd frequently

Post by exussum »

Same issue for me
igracgq

Post by igracgq »

i'm sure it has something to do with some script because if i have to restart it every day, maybe asustor can add a cron job to do this for me so i don' need to go into appcentral every day and manually disable/enable sabnzbd.

igracgq

Post by igracgq »

i'we had asustor for the past year and its been a blast but i still have the same issue where the sabnzbd just stops after a day or two for some reason and then I have to go to appcentral to stop and restart it manually Not sure why this is happening. I know that there was an issue in Sickbeard with the following solution but when I tried that for sabnzbd, my problem still persists

rm -rf /usr/local/AppCentral/sickbeard/SickBeard
/usr/local/AppCentral/sickbeard/CONTROL/start-stop.sh restart

If there is no fix, does anyone know how I can restart sabnabd every 12 hours with cron schedule? at least that will fix my problem where I don't have to manually restart it myself every day.

thanks

clinton.hall

Post by clinton.hall »

igracgq wrote: If there is no fix, does anyone know how I can restart sabnabd every 12 hours with cron schedule? at least that will fix my problem where I don't have to manually restart it myself every day.
Look at http://forum.asustor.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=1607
in the TAGS section it discusses some simple tags you can create and one of these is an AUTO_RESTART tag.
AUTO_RESTART
- With this tag found, an entry will be added to the crontab, that will restart SABnzbd every night at 03:05 in the morning.
- As during startup a check for new versions will be performed, this will also automatically upgrade SABnzbd.
- Stopping (Disabling) the pkg will remove the crontab entry. To stop using this feature, remove the tag and restart the pkg.
AS-604T
3 x ST4000DM0000 (Seagate 4TB) in Raid5
2 GB RAM expansion
AS-302T

Apps (user)
NZBGet - CouchPotato - SickBeard - Git - Python

Apps (maintainer):
NZBGet - BitTorrent Sync - Mylar - LazyLibrarian - Gamez
-Maintenance of Apps acquired from JohhnyFive since ADM2.0:
SABnzbd - CouchPotato - SickBeard - HeadPhones - Subsonic

About Me: http://fockwulf.wix.com/index
igracgq

Post by igracgq »

Looks like a pretty easy fix. I created the tag, so lets see how it goes.

Thanks

Return to “SABnzbdplus”