Failing repair

SABnzbd makes Usenet as simple and streamlined as possible by automating everything we can. All you have to do is add an .nzb. SABnzbd takes over from there, where it will be automatically downloaded, verified, repaired, extracted and filed away with zero human interaction.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

zakspop
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Failing repair

Post by zakspop »

SabNZBd is failing the repair. It won't download PAR files. I get this error: PAR2 received incorrect options, check your Config->Switches settings
I don't know what switch setting to check or change.
I'm getting frustrated trying to get this thing to even start doing what my old NAS did with such ease. This thing might be going back to the store and I'll just get another Synology.
Nebbu

Re: Failing repair

Post by Nebbu »

I also had this problem with my newly installed Asustor 202TE.
After I removed the extra Par2 parameter -t0 in configure -> switches and just left the box blank everything worked how it should. CPU load is higher now but this doesn't bother me.
There is some more information on this matter in the sabnzbd wiki. http://wiki.sabnzbd.org/configure-switches-0-7
zakspop

Post by zakspop »

Nebbu wrote:I also had this problem with my newly installed Asustor 202TE.
After I removed the extra Par2 parameter -t0 in configure -> switches and just left the box blank everything worked how it should. CPU load is higher now but this doesn't bother me.
There is some more information on this matter in the sabnzbd wiki. http://wiki.sabnzbd.org/configure-switches-0-7

Cool. I'll give that a try.
Thanks
clinton.hall

Post by clinton.hall »

Please don't blame Asustor for an App that I have packaged.

If you really love Synology, go for it, we're not stopping you... I don't really think you'll find that all of their apps are completely error free or don't require some user configuration to get them working as you want.

Sorry if this sounds rude, but I have noticed a few posts from you complaining about Apps that I (and others) are working on for free... you don't seem to be asking for help so much as demanding that we fix something... These are "community" apps that are being packaged by other users... Asustor can't be expected to police or check every App and us package maintainers can't be expected to test every configurable item on every system.

There is also a forum specifically for SABnzbd support on all systems and you can find answers there for which switches to change... these can all be changed via the web ui (thanks @ Nebbu for linking the solution).

Also, I would like to point out that there is nothing stopping you writing your own App. If you can make SABnzbd work better, feel free.
AS-604T
3 x ST4000DM0000 (Seagate 4TB) in Raid5
2 GB RAM expansion
AS-302T

Apps (user)
NZBGet - CouchPotato - SickBeard - Git - Python

Apps (maintainer):
NZBGet - BitTorrent Sync - Mylar - LazyLibrarian - Gamez
-Maintenance of Apps acquired from JohhnyFive since ADM2.0:
SABnzbd - CouchPotato - SickBeard - HeadPhones - Subsonic

About Me: http://fockwulf.wix.com/index
JohnnyFive

Post by JohnnyFive »

The original SABnzbd app was only packaged for Intel Atom 64-bit multicore processors. Therefore the -t0 option was added. this option should not be added on single core 32-bit systems. It might even need a 32-bit par2 app again (as far as i can remember i recompiled par2 to be optimized for the 64-bit OS, once).

No idea if clinton modified par2 in the 32-bit version?
No Disassemble! Johnny Five Alive!
clinton.hall

Post by clinton.hall »

I did use a 32 but version of par2... Not sure about the multi-core vs single core... Will need to check into that.
AS-604T
3 x ST4000DM0000 (Seagate 4TB) in Raid5
2 GB RAM expansion
AS-302T

Apps (user)
NZBGet - CouchPotato - SickBeard - Git - Python

Apps (maintainer):
NZBGet - BitTorrent Sync - Mylar - LazyLibrarian - Gamez
-Maintenance of Apps acquired from JohhnyFive since ADM2.0:
SABnzbd - CouchPotato - SickBeard - HeadPhones - Subsonic

About Me: http://fockwulf.wix.com/index

Return to “SABnzbdplus”