[Beta] SABnzbdplus

SABnzbd makes Usenet as simple and streamlined as possible by automating everything we can. All you have to do is add an .nzb. SABnzbd takes over from there, where it will be automatically downloaded, verified, repaired, extracted and filed away with zero human interaction.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

JohnnyFive
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

[Beta] SABnzbdplus

Post by JohnnyFive »

[Description]
SABnzbd is an Open Source Binary Newsreader written in Python.
It's totally free, incredibly easy to use, and works practically everywhere.
SABnzbd makes Usenet as simple and streamlined as possible by automating everything we can. All you have to do is add an .nzb. SABnzbd takes over from there, where it will be automatically downloaded, verified, repaired, extracted and filed away with zero human interaction.

[Maintainer]
JohnnyFive

[TAGS]
Until I've learned how to code a nice webpage (like e.g. the Dropbox pkg has), the behavior of this package can be altered by creating "TAG"-files in the SABnzbdplus "log" directory (<Downloadshare>/sabnzbd/logs by default).
These tags are ALWAYS in CAPITAL LETTERS, without any extension. The wrapper script checks for the existence of these tags during the start-up phase of the script.

The currently supported tags are:
ALL_RELEASES
- Without this tag, the package will only upgrade to the latest stable release (Default behavior).
- upon existence of this tag, the package will upgrade to any latest available release, this includes the unstable Beta/RC branch.
- If you see a message in the SABnzbd interface that a newer version is available, just restart (Disable/Enable) the pkg and it should upgrade to it.

NO_UPGRADE
- If this tag exists, the package will NOT check for any upgrades at all.

AUTO_RESTART
- With this tag found, an entry will be added to the crontab, that will restart SABnzbd every night at 03:05 in the morning.
- As during startup a check for new versions will be performed, this will also automatically upgrade SABnzbd.
- Stopping (Disabling) the pkg will remove the crontab entry. To stop using this feature, remove the tag and restart the pkg.

FORCE_MANUAL_INSTALL
- FOR EXPERTS ONLY. only use it with the right SABnzbd source file!
- If this tag is found, the package will look at the first line inside the tag for the path to the source file that must be installed.
- The path must be like: <sharename>/SABnzbd_file_to_upgrade.tar.gz (subfolders below the share are also allowed).
- Example what to put into this tag: Multimedia/SABnzbd-0.7.8Beta3-src.tar.gz
- If the file is found, it will be unpacked over the current installation, regardless of the version.
- After unpacking the tag will be removed automatically.
- This tag takes precedence over the NO_UPGRADE tag. So even if both tags exist, the manual install will be forced.

[Release Notes]
- yet another port change, from 8080 to 8088, as 8080 was already used by the tomcat pkg.

[Depends on]
This package needs the following package to be installed before installation:
- Python

[Download]
Last edited by JohnnyFive on Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
No Disassemble! Johnny Five Alive!
JohnnyFive

Re: [Beta] SABnzbdplus

Post by JohnnyFive »

I was missing some of my favorite packages on the Asustor, so i took the liberty to create some myself, using the Asustor development kit.
This package contains a dynamic script that will download the latest version of SABnzbd during startup. It also contains pyOpenSSL, pyCheetah, (multicore) PAR2 and Unrar.

Please let me know what you think of it, and if nobody has big issues with it, i'll submit it with Asustor for official testing and release in a week or so.
No Disassemble! Johnny Five Alive!

Return to “SABnzbdplus”