failed to start Sabnzbdplus after 5 years

SABnzbd makes Usenet as simple and streamlined as possible by automating everything we can. All you have to do is add an .nzb. SABnzbd takes over from there, where it will be automatically downloaded, verified, repaired, extracted and filed away with zero human interaction.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

igracgq
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

failed to start Sabnzbdplus after 5 years

Post by igracgq »

So sabnzbdplus stopped working this week. I tired reinstalling it and manually restarting it with

rm -rf /usr/local/AppCentral/sabnzbdplus/sabnzbd-9090.pid
/usr/local/AppCentral/sabnzbdplus/CONTROL/start-stop.sh restart

But the terminal told me that it requres Python 3.5 or above. I manually installed 3.5 which I found here viewtopic.php?f=199&t=8322&p=34261&hili ... 3.5#p34261
but no luck in running sabnzbdplus as it still tries to use 2.7 version.

Any solutions?

Thanks
AS-602 with 3GB ram, 4TB WD Red

Qnap TS-119, DD-WRT Linksys 310n, WDlxTV player, RasperryPi OpenELEC
drmonty

Re: failed to start Sabnzbdplus after 5 years

Post by drmonty »

Hi,

I found a way to get sabnzbdplus working until a working solution for sabnzbd 3.0 got found (as simply installing python3 and updating start-stop.sh to use python3 instead of python2.7 isn't working).

Follow these steps:

1. Access your NAS using SSH (enable SSH in "Services → Terminal")
2. Navigate to /volume1/Download/SABnzbd/log and create the file called NO_UPGRADE:

Code: Select all

cd /volume1/Download/SABnzbd/log
touch NO_UPGRADE
3. Navigate to /volume1/.@plugins/AppCentral/sabnzbdplus/sabnzbdplus and checkout the latest sabnzbd 2 version available (on writing, this was 2.3.9):

cd /volume1/.@plugins/AppCentral/sabnzbdplus/sabnzbdplus
git checkout 2.3.9
4. Stop and start sabnzbdplus using "AppCentral" (the webinterface of your Asustor).

That's all. Atleast for now it won't update sabnzbd anymore until the file /volume1/Download/SABnzbd/log/NO_UPGRADE get's removed (which should be done as soon an update of the package get's available).
Hopefully clinton.hall will have a working solution for us soon.

- drmonty
Model: AS-604T (with 4x WD20EFRX, RAID5)
OS's: Arch Linux (on XPS13 9343 and NUC D54250WYK)
igracgq

Post by igracgq »

Thanks for the solution drmonty ... I will give it a try but for the last 10 months I have been using nzbget and had no issues... actually like it better as its a lighter program than sabnzb so I get faster dl speeds and the program has more options
AS-602 with 3GB ram, 4TB WD Red

Qnap TS-119, DD-WRT Linksys 310n, WDlxTV player, RasperryPi OpenELEC
Lacsap

Post by Lacsap »

Hi,

I'm facing the same issue here, and I'm quite sure your solution will work :), but can't figure out what you mean by step 3. Do I download a new APK, because no traces to be found of a 2.3.9 version in my Sabnzbdplus folder.
Thanx!
drmonty

Post by drmonty »

Hi Lacsap,

as sabnzbdplus get's updated on every start to the latest available version using git, we're also able to go back in history and switch a known working version, which is version 2.3.9.

You do have git installed on you NAS, as this is a requirement of sabnzbdplus, so the command "git" should work as described. The following directory:

/volume1/.@plugins/AppCentral/sabnzbdplus/sabnzbdplus
is the path of application - at least on my AS-604T. Maybe the directory do differ from NAS to NAS...?
Model: AS-604T (with 4x WD20EFRX, RAID5)
OS's: Arch Linux (on XPS13 9343 and NUC D54250WYK)
Lacsap

Post by Lacsap »

Hi drmonty,

thank you very much! Turned out that I had no clue how to execute a git command, but figured it out and it works!
The path is exactly the same here on my 1004T

Regards,

lacsap
Stik

Post by Stik »

Thanks so much for that it worked perfectly
JeremyCreekit

Post by JeremyCreekit »

SABnzbd stopped being accessible for me in the past few days. I've tried removing the .pid file and restarting the app via SSH, and I have tried the 4 step process above for rolling back my version (tried 2.3.8 and 2.3.9) but neither has worked. Hmmm... looks like I might need to do a full reinstall unless anyone else has any ideas (and similar experiences)?

How can I install the latest version 3.0.2 via Git and SSH? Maybe that's worth a try?

Thanks!
JeremyCreekit

Post by JeremyCreekit »

FYI, I reached out to the package maintainer, Clinton Hall, who helped me understand this issue. As he describes it, "This is related to an issue with the Entware package, where it installs into a location with 0 space available and never finishes installing."
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

In some system and series (arm arm64) but perhaps now on others ...
Asustor reply to stat (linux command) of /opt by an available size of 0 (zero) ITS AN OLD OLD KNOW PROBLEM

# stat /opt
  File: /opt
  Size: 0               Blocks: 0          IO Block: 4096   directory
Device: 1h/1d   Inode: 2934        Links: 2
Access: (0755/drwxr-xr-x)  Uid: (    0/    root)   Gid: (    0/    root)
Access: 2020-08-11 19:57:21.000000000
Modify: 2020-10-09 09:35:03.000000000
Change: 2020-10-09 09:35:03.000000000

root@AS1002TAPHIL:/volume1/.@root #
To bypass this problem (but normally done in Entware delivery) ... add in /opt/etc/opkg.conf the line :

option force_space
If it's in a shell script and you don't want to change Entware settings add : --force-space to opkg install ...

Philippe.
AS6602T / AS5202T /AS5002T / AS1002T / FS6706T

Return to “SABnzbdplus”