where did Hi-Res player app go??

New to the forum? Introduce yourself, chit chat and chew the fat.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

primusd
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

where did Hi-Res player app go??

Post by primusd »

Sorry for also posting this here, but so many other forums are so quiet...

Does anyone know what happened to the app Hi-Res Player? I've been having issues with it (see viewtopic.php?f=195&t=9435) and I was trying again to uninstall fully and reinstall in hopes of fixing, but now I can't find the app anywhere (it doesn't show up via app central on ADM nor on the website under multimedia apps)??

Any info or assistance would be much appreciated! One of the main reasons I bought this Asustor (6104) was for the hi-res audio capabilities... so pretty unhappy with my purchase so far. :(

Thanks in advance!!
orion

Re: where did Hi-Res player app go??

Post by orion »

Did you send a support ticket to asustor to check it?
primusd

Re: where did Hi-Res player app go??

Post by primusd »

Thanks for checking and indeed I have. In fact, two...

As this issue showed up only after support fixed a corrupted ADM login issue, I've had some discussion about this in the original ticket. Their first suggestion was uninstall the app + ffmpeg and xorg, then reinstall. A painful process because of all the other apps that had to be removed alongside xorg, but no luck on the fix. Next they suggested restarting the webserver, but no change either. Once I started asking about where to find the webserver error log file (per info I found online re: RompR), they told me it wasn't configured and to go to the general log file or the apache conf file and to use linux man to review the configuration myself. As other apps have started giving me hassles (e.g. LMS) they eventually suggested I backup my data, reset ADM and start fresh.

Obviously hoping to avoid that route, I've now started a new ticket just on hi-res (hopefully it ends up in the hands of someone more in the know about that specific app). I've also emailed the maintainer, William Lin, but no responses so far.

Fingers crossed someone can help...

Return to “Meet and Greet”