Asustor's support new (poor) behaviour

New to the forum? Introduce yourself, chit chat and chew the fat.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

sksbir
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Asustor's support new (poor) behaviour

Post by sksbir »

Hi
I created this thread to share my experience on the new behavior of Asustor product support.

I had several tickets open, sometimes since years. The support has apparently decided to close all tickets one after the other, without a single word of explanation.
And even if some problems have been solved with the ADM version change, this does not excuse closing a ticket without a single word of explanation.
In addition, some tickets are NOT solved but are closed anyway. With the hope that this kind of action goes unnoticed?

Here is THE ticket that should not have been closed this morning, especially since it already illustrates another unpleasant side of the support: the lack of tracking.
ticket: #9074

(me) 23 December 2015 02:10 AM
hi
I started using ftpexplorer with admin account : I started FTPexplorer and created two ftp loggin within. Once logged off from admin account and logged in with a other user account (who have access to FTPexplorer)onto NAS interface, I can see the two FTP login in parameters of FTPexplorer.
this kind of parameters are supposed to be user dependant.
Amanda Chen / 23 December 2015 07:11 PM
Thanks for your reply and information provided.
Currently, FTPexplorer parameters are common to all NAS users.
We will add this feature in near future.
Thanks for your suggestion.

(me)31 July 2017 01:38 AM
Hello
18 month , and several ADM upgrade later, Ftpexplorer is still not user dependent.
Some news with ADM V3 ?
Thank you.
Kevin Chiu / 01 August 2017 01:55 AM
Hi
ok I think I got the issue description correctly. i have passed it to engineer to look into. if I will keep you updated for the issue once any feedback from engineer.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions or suggestions
Regards,
Kevin Chiu
If Ftpexplorer will never be user dependent, just write it clearly , and, ok , after that, close the ticket !
Last edited by sksbir on Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
lachender Hans

Re: Asustor's support new (poor) behaviour

Post by lachender Hans »

This looks very sad...
I wonder how much the asustor support is alive at all... I didn't have an asustor ticket yet, but the activity here seems very low (most of the moderators/administrators didn't visit this page for months, some for years, if the Viewing profile info can be trusted). This gives the awkward feeling of having backed the wrong horse, please prove me wrong
sksbir

Post by sksbir »

lachender Hans wrote:This looks very sad...
I wonder how much the asustor support is alive at all... I didn't have an asustor ticket yet, but the activity here seems very low (most of the moderators/administrators didn't visit this page for months, some for years, if the Viewing profile info can be trusted). This gives the awkward feeling of having backed the wrong horse, please prove me wrong
I have 2 NAS from Asustor. They are much more powerfull than the same cost models at Synology. I first choosed Asustor because of the ability to raise the RAM from 1Gb to 8Gb on AS5002T which costed 300€ in 2015.
lachender Hans

Post by lachender Hans »

sksbir wrote:
lachender Hans wrote:This looks very sad...
I have 2 NAS from Asustor. They are much more powerfull than the same cost models at Synology. I first choosed Asustor because of the ability to raise the RAM from 1Gb to 8Gb on AS5002T which costed 300€ in 2015.
I just found the Drop Box Sync App, which is constantly generating CPU usage and HD accesses and renders this App as broken. As far as I have read here, there is no fix from asustor to be expected (1 year old issues).
Cheap and fast hardware is good, but this doesn't compensate bad support / poorly maintained software. The last days reading here didn't cheer me up at all :cry:
foggy69

Post by foggy69 »

They must be having a clean up of open tickets, I had a ticket closed on something that nothing had been done to sort the problem out.
earthwalkerx

Post by earthwalkerx »

I open such ticktes since 18 months and get alway feedback (1-3 days)...
You have to keep communcation ongoing, otherwise they close it.
Kapitein Haak

Post by Kapitein Haak »

Closing tickets which are still waiting for a resolution from Asustor was done on a large scale a few months ago. Problems still exist and were sweeped under the rug.
They probably got flooded and started fresh again....
"What would the world be like without Captain Hook?"
---
"Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum" (A wise man doesn't piss into the wind), only in Amsterdam:
https://www.google.nl/maps/@52.36289,4. ... 312!8i6656
Free2be

Post by Free2be »

Hello, greetings from Belgium. I think about buying the new asustor8. But I read everywhere that the support is running very poorly and that worries me! The Dutch importer told me that I would choose Synology. I would be very sorry to let go of my feelings for the new asustor8 because of poor service. :oops:
orion

Post by orion »

Free2be wrote:Hello, greetings from Belgium. I think about buying the new asustor8. But I read everywhere that the support is running very poorly and that worries me! The Dutch importer told me that I would choose Synology. I would be very sorry to let go of my feelings for the new asustor8 because of poor service. :oops:
I actually send support tickets often. I usually get responses within 2-4 days (depend on how hard my questions are). I would put a positive record for the support ticket system. If you are talking about phone supports immediately, I don't have sufficient information about it (my questions are kind of hard to describe in oral). However I think you can try to write an inquiry (product questions or others) on the official web site to see how they respond to you.
Free2be

Post by Free2be »

Thank you orion for the replay.
For me, telephone support is not an option that I want immediately, but that the technical staff offers the possibility to log in to the NAS and thus help solve the problems. I understand there will always be software problems, but if there is a support that you can rely on that takes your business seriously, it would give you a lot more confidence. The Lockerstor8 / 10 is currently one of the most advanced NAS devices in this category, compared to Synology and Qnap. That is why I have pinned my purchase choice on the Asusor8 and hope that I would not buy a cat in a bag with it. I have a technical question about the previous model, where the middle discs develop too high a heat, is this problem solved with the new version?
Kind and enthusiastic regards,
Roger

Return to “Meet and Greet”