New user

New to the forum? Introduce yourself, chit chat and chew the fat.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

ab241sg
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

New user

Post by ab241sg »

Hi
I have recently entered the world of NAS and PLEX. I have bought an 3102T and so far am very happy with it. I do have one issue however that I am looking for some help with. When I activate PLEX on the TV, (Connected via HDMI), I cannot close the application. Currently I have to switch the NAS off and back on to come out of PLEX. Can someone help me with this?
MikeG.6.5

Re: New user

Post by MikeG.6.5 »

Are you running Plex Media Player or Plex Home Theater? Do you have a keyboard hooked up to the NAS?

If you have a keyboard you should be able to hit the [ESC] key until you get prompted to exit Plex. (Both players) I really don't like either to play on my TV, opting for either a Roku or the smart TV's dedicated client instead. Better remote control operations and easier to navigate.
ab241sg

Post by ab241sg »

Hi
Not sure what version? I installed it from the NAS app portal. I am currently controlling it using a droidbox remote, but as it was not designed for this I only have basic functions. I am looking into using a FLIRC as I have a Logitech remote, but expect this will take some time as I am not up to speed on this technology. Thanks for the reply.
MikeG.6.5

Post by MikeG.6.5 »

Invest in a Roku.

Run Plex Media Server on your NAS, and put the Roku on your TV. It's one of the best client devices for Plex and if I remember right, costs you nothing now to install the client app on the device. It's one of the most feature rich as well. And can work with almost any 3rd party multi-function remotes made.

It's one of the cheapest and easiest client devices to set up...
ab241sg

Post by ab241sg »

Hi
I do not understand why you are recommending Roku? Having read through your signature posts, I understand the value in your setup. However all I am doing is running plex media server on my TV via the AS3102T. Everything works except I am unable to close plex when I am finished. If I open plex on my computer it opens as a new tab and therefore is easy to close. But on my TV there is no icon to click to close the application. How do other people close plex from their TV?
MikeG.6.5

Post by MikeG.6.5 »

When I run PMP through the NAS on my TV I use @father.mande's excellent HX_Engine and his port of PMP. With a 2.4Ghz keyboard and mouse. Or I use VNC and control the NAS's display from my PC. As there is no remote controls that appear to function with the NAS/PMP without these when it's output is on the TV.

This is why I asked how you are watching your media on the TV. Are you running Plex Media Player, Plex Home Theater or using Chrome and navigating to the PMS Web App using ASPortal? Did you make a shortcut on ASPortal for going to your Plex Media Server's Web App and it starts full screen? If this is the case, you may not be able to shut it done without some keyboard shortcuts. Or are you doing either of these methods through the HX_Engine?

The Roku connected to the TV and not using the HDMI out has it's own remote control, is far easier to navigate with the remote than any of the HDMI options currently available. Which is why I recommended it. Being able to use a remote gives you the full HT feel, IMO...

Return to “Meet and Greet”