How to install Kodi on Asustor 302T

New to the forum? Introduce yourself, chit chat and chew the fat.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

AV Lover
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

How to install Kodi on Asustor 302T

Post by AV Lover »

Hi guys, have searched and looked around but just cannot find instructions or tutorials on how to install Kodi on my Asustor 302T Nas Drive?

I have been using the old XBMC since i bought the Nas drive from new.

Its hooked up via HDMI to my TV but really want to move up to the Kodi but i just cannot find anything to help me install it? Nothing in the Apps Central for Kodi either?

would really appreciate any input or help on this.

thanks
father.mande

Re: How to install Kodi on Asustor 302T

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

Unfortunately ... some NAS (not only Asustor) have use (recommended by Intel) some ATOM processor with a SGX graphics chip (even named by Intel : Intel HD graphics)
Driver for this I.G.P. was never update by Intel nor source available for Open Source developer (clearly because Intel is not proud to provide this kind of bullshit)

Kodi need some new libraries and interface (A.P.I.) not provide by Intel ... so except if years after Intel awake its support ... don't expect to get a new version ...

So ALL this Asustor with this stay very good NAS ... but must be considered for unusable for video and high graphics software ... only 2D software requiring only "basic" graphic can run as well ... even with the time ... due to the 'lock of the kernel" and the libraries ... you have to think to abandon this kind of activity ...

Consider it as a NAS without HDMI output ... it can do lot of things for you (and it is updated) ... and move to a new NAS with real Intel I.G.P. .. or use a box to run Kodi and use your NAS as a large, secure container for all your collections of videos, images and music ...

Philippe.
AS6602T / AS5202T /AS5002T / AS1002T / FS6706T

Return to “Meet and Greet”