New Member with a problem

New to the forum? Introduce yourself, chit chat and chew the fat.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

cd135
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

New Member with a problem

Post by cd135 »

Hi - hope someone can shed some light on my problem.

I have 2 asustor products. First, an AS1002T with 2 x 2TB drives, raided and used for critical backup. Second, an AS204TE with 4 x 6TB drives, used for media.

The second NAS I set up about 3 days ago, and successfully copied data to it and then retrieved the data without problem. I then used Control Center to power it down, moved it to a more permanent location and (using the same cables and port on my ethernet switch) plugged it in again. Now, all disc LEDs are solid green, the power LED is solid blue, the green system status is flashing green and the network LED is slowly flashing blue - it's been like this for about an hour. Control Center does not see the NAS and the hard reset button does not work. I cannot ping the device - I'm using Windows 8.1.

Is there any way to find out what is happening? And just as important, any way to make sure it doesn't happen everytime I power the NAS down.

Hope someone can help - no data has been lost but I'm worried about trusing the NAS until I understand waht has happened.

Chris
cd135

Re: New Member with a problem

Post by cd135 »

Well, I seem to have found a way round my problem. Here is what I did:
1: power down the NAS using the front panel button
2: disconnect from the network
3: remove all disk drives
4: power on using front panel button and wait for 'beep'
5: reconnect network cable and check that the drive is visible in Control Center
6: power down the NAS using the front panel button
7: replace all disk drives in their original slots
8 power on using front panel button and wait for 'beep'

Everything back as it should be, thank goodness.

If anyone has any ideas why my NAS would not start, I would be interested to know!

Chris
cd135

Post by cd135 »

OK, my problem seems to be associated with the fact that as soon as I connect the NAS to the mains, it powers on - no need to press the front panel power button. This seems to start the unit in a sequence which is not correct and it will not initialise; also, as I mentioned, the reset button has no effect. In Settings/System, I have NOT disabled the Reset Button. I see that in Settings/Power, when I engage EuP mode, there is a note about what should happen when power is restored, but I cannot see where this is set.resume af

Is this behavior set in a parameter somewhere, perhaps something to do with what happens when there is a power out? I can get round this issue and hopefully I won't need to move the unit for a while, but whenever I do, I have to remove the drives, power on and then off etc etc.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Chris
orion

Post by orion »

Sounds abnormal. My NAS is AS-304T which is similar to yours. Mine is working fine.
What's your ADM and BIOS version? My ADM is 2.6.6.RCF2 and BIOS is 0.28 / 1.0023. If yours is not the latest one, I think you'd better to update to the latest one. Or you should send a support request to asustor. https://support.asustor.com/

Return to “Meet and Greet”